The Price of "No Immigration Reform"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they don't have poverty level incomes then they're taking jobs Americans WOULD do.

Comment

Actually, I don't particularly object to driver's licenses PROVIDED they're clearly marked with immigration status. But, that's apparently the hang up in California--Mr. Cedillo won't agree. If licenses are to be used for driving only, then no one would need to see them until after a traffic stop or an accident, so Mr. Cedillo's arguments about "discrimination" don't apply. If licenses are a de facto ID (which I'm sure Mr. Cedillo knows they are), well, that makes immigration status on the license all the more important.

Comment

Regarding the election--Pres. Bush hasn't managed to get an immigration package through this Republican Congress, even with the support of Democrats on AgJobs. Mr. Kerry, if elected, will probably have to work with a Republican Congress. Either way, I don't think it will really matter who's in the White House when it comes to immigration.

Comment

there are no illegal aliens in Canada, cuz Canada makes everyone legal.

-= nav =-

Comment

Ashmat you are obviously as far left wing as that fat b-a-s-t-a-r-d Michael Moore. I might not be a citizen yet mate but I love this country and my heart bleeds for those poor soldiers who have given their lives for me and d-i-c-k-h-e-a-d-s like you. Kerry is an appeaser in the mold of Neville Chamberlain......wow Hitler took notice of him didn't he. Every terrorist in the world will be praying for a kerry win because they know that america will be weaker as a result.why the f-u-c-k can't you whining lefties see that..........I am thoroughly convinced that the democrats are not united behind Kerry, they just hate Bush and to me that is not only a wasted vote but also a dangerous vote.......giving power to someone who can't even make up his mind on which nostril to pick first.

Comment

moondin wrote:
              "i'm in Canada right now.
              in a city where there are NO illegal aliens, or Mexicans."

Because Canada like many other countries (France, UK, Germany) one or two years ago had silent amnesty for Canadian illegal aliens and they SOLVED the problem.

In addition Canadian immigration is labor oriented not a family oriented. Except immediate relatives it is not virtually possible to immigrate to Canada for ants, uncles or brothers or sisters or cousins.

Canada is the only country currently in the world that welcomes independent immigrants and not through tedious H1B processing but by applying for a green card directly at Canadian consulate.

Comment

"Not all illegal aliens have poverty-level incomes."

Last year I made $50,000.

Comment

You go Maria!!!!!

Comment

Maria

What were you doing to make that $50,000 illegally? Was it the "P" word?

Good stuff.

Comment

PADDY ACTUALLY IT WAS J*E*R*K HEAD BUT THE OTHER SEEMS TO FIT YOU WELL! WE NEED A DEMOCRAT AS PRESIDENT. AS FAR AS US BEING WEAK WITH KERRY IN OFFICE. ARE YOU SAYING WE ARE STRONG NOW W/ BUSH? MAYBE YOU WEREN'T AROUND WHEN 9-11 HAPPENED.

Comment

Hey Paddy! Your girlfriend's back!
                        Formerly Josephine Schmo

Comment

Maria--If you made $50,000 last year, then you're either doing a job a citizen or LPR would do, but still more cheaply than they would(which means that we don't need you) or you're doing something that could get you arrested even if you were legal. The fact that you're still here illegally suggests that whatever you're doing, it's not valuable enough that someone is willing to sponsor you.

Comment

Maria--Canada has plenty of room and needs large numbers of immigrants to build its economy. The U.S. does not. Canada also has the not-so-minor problem that many of the "immigrants" it gets are there only until they can figure out a way to get to the U.S., legally or illegally. It's a basic question of supply and demand--the demand for immigration to the U.S. is greater than that to Canada, so we can be pickier about who we do admit.

Until a dozen years ago, it was relatively easy for workers to get green cards in the U.S.. Then, employers realized that H1-B enabled them to try out workers, and keep them under their thumb, for several years, with the promise of green card sponsorship. If you were an employer looking to control your costs, which route would you lobby for?

Comment

Maria--Forgot to mention--Depending on where you're at, $50,000 is not particularly good, especially if that's for a household, not an individual. I recall when I lived in a metropolitan area on the East Coast a few years ago, that $65,000 was considered "under income" for financing a one-bedroom condo. In another area, $55,000 is the top limit to be eligible for subsidized housing.

Comment

First of all, ASHMAT you are obviously totally deluded mate. You either are as ignorant as that f-u-c-k-i-n-g gremlin Moore or you have the intelligence of the puss that michael just squeezed out of the big fat cherry z-i-t on his a-s-s.

Now for my favourite ***** from h-e-l-l Maria. I'll tell you one thing, I have missed her f-u-c-k-e-d up opinions. As for the 50K a year,Maria doesn't have the intellect to earn that much, so that must mean she has been on her knees taking delivery of hot sausage from the local insane asylum. Maria, if you ever get caught will you pay the correct amount of income tax on that 50K?????

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation