Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Facing possibe misdemeanor charge.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So Many Come To America Thinking Illusion Of GRANGER! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is granger? A new word??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Granger = Heaven Like, Paradise, Ultimate Destination, Place Of Serenity Without Conflict!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
      Hi Torok,

Welcome to ILW. I don't think one misdemeanor is going to get you deported from the US. Have you spoken to a lawyer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Proud, doesn't FRAUD count as a crime of moral turpitude?

yep just WIKI'd it and it is!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_turpitude
      Thanks & Best Wishes

Dave W

"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done". -George

Comment

Hey JK, he said the word misdemeanor, so I didn't think too much beyond that. Normally, a misdemeanor does not equate to deportation. But, I guess his situation is not finalized. That's why I suggested he speak to a lawyer.

Comment

Hey JK, he said the word misdemeanor, so I didn't think too much beyond that. Normally, a misdemeanor does not equate to deportation. But, I guess his situation is not finalized. That's why I suggested he speak to a lawyer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah an Attorney would be a good idea, if HE IS found guilty of fraud though he has a REAL problem..
          Thanks & Best Wishes

Dave W

"The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done". -George

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JediKnight:
            Hey JK, he said the word misdemeanor, so I didn't think too much beyond that. Normally, a misdemeanor does not equate to deportation. But, I guess his situation is not finalized. That's why I suggested he speak to a lawyer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah an Attorney would be a good idea, if HE IS found guilty of fraud though he has a REAL problem.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, JK, I agree. It doesn't sound like he received any compensation, but the intent was there - that could be the kicker. I wish him well just the same. There are worse situations out there and I think he was just scared and made some bad decisions.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JediKnight:

Yeah an Attorney would be a good idea, if HE IS found guilty of fraud though he has a REAL problem.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, JK, I agree. It doesn't sound like he received any compensation, but the intent was there - that could be the kicker. I wish him well just the same. There are worse situations out there and I think he was just scared and made some bad decisions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm intent is usually enough to prove a fraud case, hopefully he will be fine...
              Thanks & Best Wishes

Dave W

Comment

Yes, JK, I agree. It doesn't sound like he received any compensation, but the intent was there - that could be the kicker. I wish him well just the same. There are worse situations out there and I think he was just scared and made some bad decisions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm intent is usually enough to prove a fraud case, hopefully he will be fine... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's my thought too, JK. I think he made an irrational decision based on his status here. I wonder if things would have been different had he been a USC in the same situation? I don't like when immigrants feel like they have to walk on eggshells while earning their permanent status here. Mind you, I'm totally against criminal acts by anyone, regardless of status, but it seems this guy made a simple err of judgement and could end up paying for it dearly.

Comment

Hmm intent is usually enough to prove a fraud case, hopefully he will be fine... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's my thought too, JK. I think he made an irrational decision based on his status here. I wonder if things would have been different had he been a USC in the same situation? I don't like when immigrants feel like they have to walk on eggshells while earning their permanent status here. Mind you, I'm totally against criminal acts by anyone, regardless of status, but it seems this guy made a simple err of judgement and could end up paying for it dearly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it is a tough call but people need to realize that they must obey the laws of the country they wish to be in.. I DO know what ya mean though PROUD
                  Thanks & Best Wishes

Dave W

Comment

That's my thought too, JK. I think he made an irrational decision based on his status here. I wonder if things would have been different had he been a USC in the same situation? I don't like when immigrants feel like they have to walk on eggshells while earning their permanent status here. Mind you, I'm totally against criminal acts by anyone, regardless of status, but it seems this guy made a simple err of judgement and could end up paying for it dearly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it is a tough call but people need to realize that they must obey the laws of the country they wish to be in.. I DO know what ya mean though PROUD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What can I say, JK? I love everyone until they give me a reason not to. LOL! A true humanitarian.

Comment

it is a tough call but people need to realize that they must obey the laws of the country they wish to be in.. I DO know what ya mean though PROUD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What can I say, JK? I love everyone until they give me a reason not to. LOL! A true humanitarian. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeppers I know whatya mean! And on that note I am going to follow doctors orders and go get some rest Night Proudie...
                      Thanks & Best Wishes

Dave W

Comment

Thank you very much, everyone.

With the help of my american friends I found a very good lawyer who has experiences in both criminal law and immigration law. I can only wait now.

It teaches me a good lesson. My understanding of america was a place where people work hard and treat each other nicely. Now I realize there is much more. Might be too later to know this.

Comment

Honestly, if you're here legally then this shouldn't be a huge issue. But this should teach you about insurance management!
                          --------------------
                          "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation