Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For BEBE

Our interview is coming up on Aug 17 and we're well prepared. The interview scenario depends of a visa type, petitioning relative and embassy/consulate. In our case it's an immigrant visa IR1 (Moscow embassy) because we're married for over two years. The interview letter from the embassy requested the following docs:

Form DS-230 Part I and II
    Passport + a copy of the picture page
    Birth certificate + a copy + translation
    Marriage certificate + two copies
    Police certificates + translations
    Military service record + translation
    Affidavit of Support (I-864)
    3 years of taxes
    Prove of a valid marriage (pictures, postcards, joint accounts, etc)
    3 color pictures
    We're also prepared to file the I-212/I-601 waivers.

During an interview the officer has to establish the validity of the qualifying relationship (marriage) thus the questions like where you met, how long did you date before marriage, questions about common household after marriage, etc. After it's established that the marriage is bona fide the visa applicant is asked to signed a Sworn Statement (DS-230 Part II) that will establish the applicant's admissibility to the U.S. DS-230 Part II is a number of 'Yes/No' questions each question representing a section of the law. If you check 'Yes' on any of them you're inadmissible. The visa will be denied and an officer will advise to file the waivers if the law permits. In our case it's a visa overstay for over a year and a deportation. To overcome those we've prepared the waivers. The big unknown is how long it will take after the interview for them to approve the waivers.

Our interview is coming up on Aug 17 and we're well prepared. The interview scenario depends of a visa type, petitioning relative and embassy/consulate. In our case it's an immigrant visa IR1 (Moscow embassy) because we're married for over two years. The interview letter from the embassy requested the following docs:

Form DS-230 Part I and II
    Passport + a copy of the picture page
    Birth certificate + a copy + translation
    Marriage certificate + two copies
    Police certificates + translations
    Military service record + translation
    Affidavit of Support (I-864)
    3 years of taxes
    Prove of a valid marriage (pictures, postcards, joint accounts, etc)
    3 color pictures
    We're also prepared to file the I-212/I-601 waivers.

During an interview the officer has to establish the validity of the qualifying relationship (marriage) thus the questions like where you met, how long did you date before marriage, questions about common household after marriage, etc. After it's established that the marriage is bona fide the visa applicant is asked to signed a Sworn Statement (DS-230 Part II) that will establish the applicant's admissibility to the U.S. DS-230 Part II is a number of 'Yes/No' questions each question representing a section of the law. If you check 'Yes' on any of them you're inadmissible. The visa will be denied and an officer will advise to file the waivers if the law permits. In our case it's a visa overstay for over a year and a deportation. To overcome those we've prepared the waivers. The big unknown is how long it will take after the interview for them to approve the waivers.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation