X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaccination glitches? Anyone know?

Hi guys,
    Our AOS interview for conditional GC is next week and we were mailed a stack of medical forms for when my hubby gets his thorough phsycial. We called around to clinics on a long list of approved doctors we are to use that the INS mailed us and have booked his appointment. The question is, we've heard that sometimes these doctors don't do the exam or tests right, or fill out the paperwork right or something vague like that and then it becomes a problem at the AOS interview. Anyone know of any pitfalls or things to watch out for pertaining to getting the physical exam and paperwork executed? Thanks!

Hi guys,
    Our AOS interview for conditional GC is next week and we were mailed a stack of medical forms for when my hubby gets his thorough phsycial. We called around to clinics on a long list of approved doctors we are to use that the INS mailed us and have booked his appointment. The question is, we've heard that sometimes these doctors don't do the exam or tests right, or fill out the paperwork right or something vague like that and then it becomes a problem at the AOS interview. Anyone know of any pitfalls or things to watch out for pertaining to getting the physical exam and paperwork executed? Thanks!

Comment

Hi
      The doctor who does the exam fills out a form (I-693)that comes with several carbon copies. I think the doctors office keeps one, they should give you a copy and they seal the official copy in an enevlop that you have to submitt to the BCIS.

Before you leave the doctors office make sure that you carefully check your copy of the results. If you believe that there is anything incorrect, have the doctor correct it.

This is what happend to me:
      When I went through the exam, the doc did'nt pay attention and signed on the wrong line. It was under the paragraph saying: "I examined this person as a follow-up and found that everything is fine now" (I am paraphrasing here). Well this was my first and only exam, but it looked like that there was a medical problem before, so I had them correct it.

The exam is pretty straight forward. All they look for is that you are up-to-date on vaccinations(well, that can't hurt anyway), that you don't have TB or HIV and that you are sane (I am not kidding there is little check box on the form about that ;-). Anyway, as long as the "I certify that the applicant met the health requirements ..." is signed you should be fine.

Hope that helps,
      Marc

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs