Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARQU???????

I just read another thread where you stated that you are from Canada and have been dealing with the immigration process for 7(?) years? I too am Canadian immigrating to the US,,,,,not to be nosy, but may i ask why it is taking that long for you?

Jodi

I just read another thread where you stated that you are from Canada and have been dealing with the immigration process for 7(?) years? I too am Canadian immigrating to the US,,,,,not to be nosy, but may i ask why it is taking that long for you?

Jodi

Comment

jsb:

Sept 1997-1999 TN Visa
      Feb 1999 H1 Visa
      Aug 1999 AOS (Based on Marriage)
      Oct 2000 1st Interview
      Oct 2002 I-751
      Still Waiting... (But expect I-751 will be reviewed soon...)

Does that help?

ARQU

Comment

LOL, to be perfectly honest,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no LOL

Comment

Ok... lol Now I'll say it again in english...

I first entered the US under a labor dep't visa known as a TN visa which is for Canadians and Mexicans with a certain level of education/experience in particular fields. It is a 1 year work visa (renewable) and can only be used in conjunction with temporary employment. (ie: Contract work).

I then switched to a H1B visa which is an employment based visa once again for certain jobs and requires a certain level of education/experience. These are available to people coming from other countries. The H1B visas are issued in limited numbers (maxed out for 2004 already).

I was married to a US Citizen in July of 1999 and adjusted my status (known as an AOS) to a Green Card based on that marriage. You are then interviewed to be sure that the marriage is legit. That interview was held in Oct 2000. At that time I was issued a 2 yr conditional green card as my marriage was less than 2 yrs old at the time of the interview...

In Oct 2002 (2 yrs later) I filed an I-751 which is an application to remove those conditions. They have had that application sitting in the backlog since Oct 2002...

Does that help now?

What type of visa are you planning to use to come here?

ARQU

Comment

Okay, now that you said everything in English, i understand LOL,,,,,,, Me and my children have been in the US for approx. 15 months, entering as visitors. I married a USC on March 12 of this year, thus (with huge question marks in my eyes) we are applying through a I-130, hope that makes sense. Also, if you feel so inclined to do so, i have another post here, looking for some help,,,,,the title is,,,, "Some knowledgeable information please"

Jodi

Comment

Hi Jsb

Actually, it will depend on what part of the country u r applying from to determine more closely what your timeline will be.

Arqu used Vermont Serv. Center. While the conditional greencard interview/EAd etc is very quick.... the timeframe to remove conditions from the conditional card to make it the 10yrs greencard has been a slow process. (19 to 24 months to process) Other Service centers have faster or same process times. just depends where you live.

Where is your service center ?

Comment

4Now : my service center is in Las Vegas Nevada

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources