Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 Petition Date vs I-94 date and L2 + work permit

My family and I were entering US using L1 and L2 Visa on Jan 05. The date on our I-94 were until Dec 2007. However the date on the petition file by my company was until Dec 05 only. I was told by my employer that additional paperwork needs to be filed in order to maintain the legality of our status in US even though the date on our I-94 were until Dec 2007. Is that true? I may be losing my job here, how would that impact my status here? How much time do I have to find a new job before become illegal? If I get a new job (with a different employer), could we change to H1 Visa? Also, my wife has been working with L2 + work permits, the work permit stated that it is valid until Dec 2007. If I loss my job and L1 visa, does that impact her L2 + work permit as well? What would be the best way to fix this. Appreciate your advise. Thanks.

My family and I were entering US using L1 and L2 Visa on Jan 05. The date on our I-94 were until Dec 2007. However the date on the petition file by my company was until Dec 05 only. I was told by my employer that additional paperwork needs to be filed in order to maintain the legality of our status in US even though the date on our I-94 were until Dec 2007. Is that true? I may be losing my job here, how would that impact my status here? How much time do I have to find a new job before become illegal? If I get a new job (with a different employer), could we change to H1 Visa? Also, my wife has been working with L2 + work permits, the work permit stated that it is valid until Dec 2007. If I loss my job and L1 visa, does that impact her L2 + work permit as well? What would be the best way to fix this. Appreciate your advise. Thanks.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation