• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this?

WHAT IS THIS ?

Paddy
    posted September 18, 2003 10:29 PM
    Hello Newlywed,
    I'm not a lawyer so you can take my advice with a pinch of salt if you like. Your situation sounds something like what happened to me whereby my visa ran out before I got married to a USC. I was very naive at the time with regards to the US immigration law because I actually thought that I was safe from any negative consequences once I was married and like you in the process of filing. However, I did get some free advice from a lawyer....yeah FREE!!!!

1)First things first: You are now an ILLEGAL ALIEN........try and move as fast as you can to file your adjustment of status.Due to the change in the immigration climate more and more enforcement agencies are sharing information so if you were to get stopped by the police they could report you to the BCIS. However, the chances of this is very slim so it is something you should not worry about but just be aware of.
    2) Your case is seems very simple so you do not need to spend money on hiring a lawyer. Not a lot of immigrants know that immigration lawyers are only needed in sticky situations. Filling out the application is not rocket science. If you need advice about how to fill them out just ask anyone on this site including me. The funny thing is as I was illegal for about 2 months, my wife went down to our local office and the BCIS did everything that a lawyer would do for you by checking the forms you have filled out. More importantly though, by getting the BCIS to check the forms before you mail them, should reduce the chances of them getting returned by the service center.
    3)VERY IMPORTANT: Do not under any circumstances leave the country until you have had your green card interview. Whilst you are waiting for your green card interview there is an option of "ADVANCED PAROLE" (travel documents) which can be filed so that you can leave the country for a short time and return without any consequences. HOWEVER, the Advanced Parole does not guarentee re-entry at the border and in your case you are likely to be deported because of the history of illegal status that you possess and despite having an application pending. Its a crazy thing.........why issue a re-entry permit if it doesn't guarentee re-entry?

4) I don't know anything about the Missouri service center. I think that it is a new center so that make things a lot quicker for you

5) After you file you should have your EAD by no later than 90 days from the receipt letter you will get from the BCIS when they get you adjustment of status application. If for some reason you don't get it, I believe that it is possible for you to go down to your local BCIS office and demand it. You wil have to check on that one.
    6)The length of time it took from mailing the application to getting my green card interview was about 9 months though it ended up being 12 because I moved jurisdictions.
    7) Do not take a lawyer to the interview unless you have something to hide.

Anymore advice just drop me a line.Posts: 383 | Location: PA | Registered: August 28, 2003

WHAT IS THIS ?

Paddy
    posted September 18, 2003 10:29 PM
    Hello Newlywed,
    I'm not a lawyer so you can take my advice with a pinch of salt if you like. Your situation sounds something like what happened to me whereby my visa ran out before I got married to a USC. I was very naive at the time with regards to the US immigration law because I actually thought that I was safe from any negative consequences once I was married and like you in the process of filing. However, I did get some free advice from a lawyer....yeah FREE!!!!

1)First things first: You are now an ILLEGAL ALIEN........try and move as fast as you can to file your adjustment of status.Due to the change in the immigration climate more and more enforcement agencies are sharing information so if you were to get stopped by the police they could report you to the BCIS. However, the chances of this is very slim so it is something you should not worry about but just be aware of.
    2) Your case is seems very simple so you do not need to spend money on hiring a lawyer. Not a lot of immigrants know that immigration lawyers are only needed in sticky situations. Filling out the application is not rocket science. If you need advice about how to fill them out just ask anyone on this site including me. The funny thing is as I was illegal for about 2 months, my wife went down to our local office and the BCIS did everything that a lawyer would do for you by checking the forms you have filled out. More importantly though, by getting the BCIS to check the forms before you mail them, should reduce the chances of them getting returned by the service center.
    3)VERY IMPORTANT: Do not under any circumstances leave the country until you have had your green card interview. Whilst you are waiting for your green card interview there is an option of "ADVANCED PAROLE" (travel documents) which can be filed so that you can leave the country for a short time and return without any consequences. HOWEVER, the Advanced Parole does not guarentee re-entry at the border and in your case you are likely to be deported because of the history of illegal status that you possess and despite having an application pending. Its a crazy thing.........why issue a re-entry permit if it doesn't guarentee re-entry?

4) I don't know anything about the Missouri service center. I think that it is a new center so that make things a lot quicker for you

5) After you file you should have your EAD by no later than 90 days from the receipt letter you will get from the BCIS when they get you adjustment of status application. If for some reason you don't get it, I believe that it is possible for you to go down to your local BCIS office and demand it. You wil have to check on that one.
    6)The length of time it took from mailing the application to getting my green card interview was about 9 months though it ended up being 12 because I moved jurisdictions.
    7) Do not take a lawyer to the interview unless you have something to hide.

Anymore advice just drop me a line.Posts: 383 | Location: PA | Registered: August 28, 2003

Comment

hey epic do you really think I care what a t u r d like you thinks

Comment

Epic, why Paddy? He is legal and now a citizen. I don't understand what the purpose of this post is for.

I thought you were against the illegals?

Comment

The purpose is to be hatefull. Need you ask?

Comment

Hi Epic,

You know, I really understand what you are feeling, what you are thinking, and your frustrations. Thank you for sharing with me.

Epic, I really do agree with your thoughts when it comes to marriage to a USC just to become a citizen. This is wrong and many people are hurt because of it, but I also understand how hard it is for these people when they are trying to make a better life and feel they have no other options.

Now understand, this does not mean I agree with their thinking or reasoning, I just try to feel or see how desperate they really are and then hopefully have other advice or suggestions for them besides marrying an USC just for the green card or trying to find a way to do it illegally.

As knowledgeable as you are Epic, I believe you could also direct them into doing it legally instead of frustrating them even more with the hate and harsh words that are expressed.

If you really feel you are winning the battle, in which I feel you are not, then go ahead and express the negativity. If not, then try to guide these people with your advice into doing it right and giving other options that could help direct them into becoming legal.

Epic, I feel you have been hurt along the way somewhere, but carrying this anger and hurt only builds it up more, in which makes it for a very lonely and hurtful road ahead.

If there is anything I can do to help, or even just to listen, I am here!

Take care, Epic, and I will be seeing you around.

Comment

Aww feed, you sound so sweet but reaction is exactly what feeds these kind of people. I personally find his type a little funny. Winding up people on a message board is one way of getting your rocks off, I guess. I think it would be interesting to find out where his grint..er, I mean immigrant realatives come from. That would be riot.....but I don't think he's man/woman enough to step up to the plate on that question. Oh well, he's still good for a chuckle. Good luck to all!

Comment

Epic, you have proven yourself to be completely irrelevant on this board. You are without doubt an a s s without 2 brain cells to rub to together. This world would be a far better place if you were in a mental facility because someone with your level of hatred combined with your obvious unstability needs to be put in a padded cell

Comment

Thank you, Emica, for your kinds words; and as you have said, "reaction is exactly what feeds these kind of people," well, Epic proved your point very well.

Paddy, just know I admire you for all the help and advice you give on this board. Keep up the Excellent work.

Epic, you really were so harsh for not knowing the person for who I am, but that is okay. I understand. Just know, it is Americans such as you that make other Americans search for their soul mates overseas (sad, but true). Just as what I have done and believe me, there is no comparison. I do hope that you will find peace within yourself before you waste away too much more of your life. And........if you really feel you need to take your anger out, then you need to address it to the people that has provoked all of your hatred, the ones who have not done their jobs, the ones that hire illegals and allow them across the border........THE AMERICANS.

Comment

HMMMMMMMM...Anyone else notice that Epic doesn't have total control of the english language? Could it be? Is it possible? Is he himself a GRINT? Just a thought.

Comment

so when do you expect to graduate kindergarten Epic?

Comment

Well Epic, at it again, huh? Well, for others amusement, I am going to add a little spice to your posts.........here we go!

EPIC: "Epiclaughter

posted March 18, 2005 09:19 PM
                        I understand your frustration,
                        you asked me out twice yesterday but each time I turned you down
                        Sorry, I have no dating problems

FEED ME: "Oh Reallyyyyy?"

EPIC: Epiclaughter

posted March 17, 2005 12:24 PM
                        O'Thou!!!

Great and supreme tool of my manhood is never better than little hanging sausage, even if I see 400 naked 'play-boy' women having s-e-x and kissing each other in front of me!!!

Besides, as a matter of principle ,I stay 100 feet away from any person who ever touched or been with the GRINT ( and it seems to me, reading your posts, that you have been with hundresds of GRINTS already)

FEED ME: "Little hanging sausage, huh? No problems with dating, huh?" At least I can say I have been with someone, LOL!

TO BE CONTINUED

Comment

This is good, very good, Epic!

Ohh, I forgot to tell you.........I don't go for the little sausage, I go for the Gusto.....The Bratwurst!

Comment

Feed Me Please = FMP

FMP : what ! You won't go out with me? Am I off your hot babe list now?

Epic: Actually, yes you are. You stinky grint lover.

FMP : well...can i please be listed again, please

Epic : Now why would you want to do that? I mean, last time I talked to you, you have been out with 50 grints.
                            Epic: if you apologize and kick grint's a$$ then I will put you back on list.

FMP : i don't need this from you

FMP : i don't have to be on it'

FMP : who apologized in the first place

FMP : i asked nicely to put me back onto your list

FMP : but you don't have to

Epic : Of course I dont have to...I also told you nicely that you were a witch!

EPIC : You think I am just going to give in to what you want after you had a little sissy fit over what I did to you?

FMP : i am quite proud of being with my grint.

Epic : You probably got more hair on your chest than I do!

FMP : am having a steady grint boyfriend; nicer than you.

Epic : Yeah, I'll say! Gee, you are hanging around with a loser ****ster who can never give you an orga*m with pencil ****

The story continues; in meantime

**** ON GRINTS !!!

FRAUDSTERS – GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY !!

Comment

Epic, not that it would matter to you, but if you would actually do your research in an educational manner, you would see that I have been with the same man for almost 5 yrs. No matter how far apart we are.

Wow! Amazing how a grint loving P*U*S*S*Y can be so honorable, huh?

And yeah, you are right, I probably have more hair on my chest than you do

Good Night Epic. I really do wish you a peaceful sleep!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation