Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help...

Can anyone give me some informative facts on my immagration situation? My girlfriend and I want to be together and possibly marry soon.
    Can she claim assylum from her country Colombia to get into the US? Is the K-1 visa or work visa difficult or easier to obtain? Is it a good idea for me to seek a lawyer in my area to consult with? What is the fastest and easiest way (if any) for her to come to America? ANY help or info would be excellent. Thanks

Can anyone give me some informative facts on my immagration situation? My girlfriend and I want to be together and possibly marry soon.
    Can she claim assylum from her country Colombia to get into the US? Is the K-1 visa or work visa difficult or easier to obtain? Is it a good idea for me to seek a lawyer in my area to consult with? What is the fastest and easiest way (if any) for her to come to America? ANY help or info would be excellent. Thanks

Comment

Your best bet, assuming you're a US citizen, is for a fiancee visa. Note that if she gets it and comes, you must marry within the specified period of time. If she doesn't marry you, she needs to go home. Or perhaps you could go there, marry her, and apply to bring her back, though that may mean some time apart.

Asylum is applied for within the U.S. If she's outside the U.S. she applies for refugee status, but that's going to involve proof, a lot of paperwork and the US isn't letting in all that many refugees these days. Her getting a nonimmigrant visa such as a tourist visa is unlikely. If she has at least a college education or skills she may qualify for H1-B, but she'd need a sponsor for it and would be subject to the quota.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation