X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NeedHelpFast
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sweetsis:
    I am writing because I would like to know how you guys can help me in my case.
    This is what is happening. My parents and I lived in the States for almost 4 years. When I went there I had just turned 17. Most of the time when I was there I attended High School. When I graduated I got a job, everything illegally, and that is
    when everything started. Immigration found out about us and they came to my house. We weren't arrested or anything. I was charged with outstaying my welcome, working illegally and at the time of the interview they asked me if I had ever said I was an American citizen, and I said yes because when I had gotten that job my boss asked me if I was a American citizen and I said yes because I really thought that by living there I was a American Citizen (stupid)!. Anyways, I was supposed to go see a judge but I came to Brazil before that on my own expenses. It seems to me that the judge deported me in absence or something like that.
    Well right now I am living in Brazil for almost 3 year and I have been married to an American Citizen for about the same time. We got married here in Brazil. We now have a baby of 4 months and my husband really wants to go back. When we first got married we started the permanent visa but we didn't continue with that. In February of this year I tried to get I tourist visa but it was denied because they thought I was hiding something just because I didn't say anything. Well I was just waiting for their questions.
    Please I need some help, I've been told that I need a waiver. How do I do that??? Should I reapply for a tourist visa or continue the process for a permanent one??
    Please I am desperate... Can you guys help me??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey sweetsis,
    I think we all may have missed something here....
    Were you actually charged with claiming false citizenship??

What were you officially charged with? Certainly worth looking in to with an attorney...

Leave a comment:

• sweetsis
    replied
    well thank you so much for your information but I already knew that. And, NO, if got the tourist visa I wouldn't stay there ilegally again, I think one time is already enough, don't you think!!!
    And hopefully you will never go through a similar situation, but you know the world goes around and spins many times, and you never know when it's your turn to be on the down side.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    you are just a visa cheat...our embassy was correct in believing that you were (are) hiding your true intentions (also called lying in America)...you have zero intention of being a tourist, you are hoping to get under the radar somehow and scam your way back to MY country...sorry, but if you are ineligible under INA 212 A 6 c ii, there is NO waiver for immigrant visas...none, zero, zilch...too FN bad...and no one with an IQ of more than 80 would believe you are a tourist....you are just a lying, cheating, scam artist...stay in Brazil

Leave a comment:

• Theone
    replied
    Does not sound to me that her claim to Citizenship was in circumstances that would incur the lifetime bar.

Have a consultation with this lawyer.

www.visacentral.net

Leave a comment:

• sweetsis
    replied
    ok, thank you

Leave a comment:

• Houston
    replied
    It would depend on the specific reasons that caused your removal. Please contact an attorney to get the legal advice you need.

-THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE-

Leave a comment:

• sweetsis
    replied
    but after this 5 years ban could I apply for a waiver

Leave a comment:

• Houston
    replied
    Here's a possibility you may want to discuss with your lawyer. Probably, an in absentia order was entered. Since it would appear that you were aware of the court date, so you could now be subject to a 5 year ban and that ban, apparently, may not be waived.

Leave a comment:

• sweetsis
    replied
    guys thank you so much for trying to help me. Well I was already 17 when I went to the States and none of my parents are USA Citizens.

How do I find out what the judge ordered?? I left before my hearing

Leave a comment:

• Houston
    replied
    Look, the statute requires a scienter, this is not surprising because the clause relates to frauds.

Leave a comment:

• aneri
    replied
    NeedHelpFast - your help is appreciated, but some time you are just too fast..

It is not I-130 or I-129; it is I-130 or I-130+I-129

since her husband lives in Brazil, they should look into Direct consular filling

I-485 has nothing to do with the case

she'll need I-601 for overstay

and now back to original question:

sweetsis: you need to find out first what is in your file, what the judge ordered.. Have you been charged with claiming to be US citizen...etc. Look into FOIA

Leave a comment:

• Houston
    replied
    why you insist on a waiver when the case is about *"FALSELY"* claiming...? (Sighs).

Leave a comment:

• NeedHelpFast
    replied
    2 QUESTIONS:
    1)WHEN DID YOU COME TO PERMANENTLY RESIDE? HOW OLD WERE YOU?

2) WERE EITHER ONE OF YOUR PARENTS A US CITIZEN BY BIRH OR NATURALIZATION?

Leave a comment:

• Houston
    replied
    When it comes arguments, well yes, the OP probably had some case but didn't attend proceedings.

Leave a comment:

• NeedHelpFast
    replied
    ...IF THAT'S THE CASE, I WOULD AGREE WITH HOUSTON.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation