X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough Neighbor
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rt3060:
    Thanks, Rough Neighbor. Proud USC, I attended the ceremony this morning. I am an American. God Bless America, and good luck to everyone else going through the naturalization process. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're welcome! Home!

Leave a comment:

• Rt3060
    replied
    Thanks, SPEEDY. All the best!

Leave a comment:

• Rt3060
    replied
    Thanks, Rough Neighbor. Proud USC, I attended the ceremony this morning. I am an American. God Bless America, and good luck to everyone else going through the naturalization process.

Leave a comment:

• SPEEDY
    replied
    Rt3060, Congrats! America is #1, Numero Uno. God Bless America Forever...Good Luck SPEEDY...

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rt3060:
    Thanks, ProudUSC. Will do. :-) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're quite welcome!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Rough Neighbor
    replied
    Hey, hey! Welcome home.

Leave a comment:

• Rt3060
    replied
    Thanks, ProudUSC. Will do. :-)

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    Congratulations, Rt3060 - and best of luck to you!!! Post back after you've attended the ceremony - let us all know so we can give you a proper welcome!

Leave a comment:

• Rt3060
    replied
    Speedy, Rough Neighbour,

Thanks for answering my questions when I needed. Just wanted to let you know that I got yesterday the notice to attend the oath ceremony. In the end, doing what I thought was the right thing paid off, and although the USCIS probably further investigated my information, I got the notice approximately 75 days after my interview.

Thanks again, and all the best.

Leave a comment:

• Rough Neighbor
    replied
    Well, say hello to the "window of 90 to 120 days, and welcome to the USCIS bureaucratic redtape, where ideals and absolutes seem to be virtues of the other world! The USCIS isn't bound by any regulations time-wise in the course of the exercise of their discretionary power. As what speedy suggested, various applicants whose cases languish for years upon years resort to filing a Writ of Mandamus for the courts to intervene.

Leave a comment:

• naturebeauty
    replied
    Isn't there a window of 90 to 120 days after the interview to let the petitioner know about the result?

Leave a comment:

• Rough Neighbor
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naturebeauty:
    To Speedy:

I thought N400 usually takes from 7 months to 9 months from USCIS posting online. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that's the average timeline and a general statement for straightforward application for naturalization cases. Unfortunately, the OP's case, due to new info revealed during and after the interview, it's presumably ruled out from being a straightforward or ordinary type of application. And how grave its consequences will be, only time can tell.

Leave a comment:

• naturebeauty
    replied
    To Speedy:

I thought N400 usually takes from 7 months to 9 months from USCIS posting online.

Leave a comment:

• SPEEDY
    replied
    Rt3060, Let be realistic we are dealing with USCIS. USCIS do whatever they want, they tell you one date and they have their OWN USCIS DATE. Do they play by the Rules No. Please take into consideration everyone's case is completely different with some similarities. In your case you gave additional information after the the interview there goes the DELAY, now the ball is in USCIS court. Also you must take into consideration USCIS is backlog with massive amount of N-400 Applications waiting for adjudication. Furthermore the Average processing time from start to finish for each case varies...USCIS standard time for the N-400 is one and half years if there is no problems/questions. If there are
    problems/discrepancies it will take three or four times longer. My suggestion is wait out the time and if nothing happens after the time is waited out then file a CASE in Federal Court asking a Federal Judge to speed up the process and demand USCIS to repsond WOM. Keep sharing your thought with the board others benefit as well. Good Luck. Speedy

Leave a comment:

• Rt3060
    replied
    Thanks Speedy. Just one more question, if you don't mind. How come that further investigation might take more than 120 days if the whole process has been taking no longer than six to eight months? Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation