X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mohan
    replied
    your attorney is doing right . he suppose to file motion so that old case to be open and then only she can be adjusted. remember that she is already fugitive in immigration terms so the custody is mendetory. you will not be able to buy a ticket and send back because its no more voluntary any more. moreover once she will be out of this country if will be very hard to come back. to coming back she will need waivers hardship etc etc , you will open can of worms. if you thing you have enough hardship then you should take a shot on motion first if its denied then ask your attorney to file for joint motion. i understand that its hard for person who detained in CCA but you have no choice. there will be a possibility to get a bond from immigration after 3 months of time due to kids involvements.

Leave a comment:

• macyuhoo
    replied
    Of course you got a brain...but in a different location...in your b a l l s.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    dear macyuhoo: at least I have a brain..

Leave a comment:

• macyuhoo
    replied
    Someone12 is one of the most notorious members here. He's sick. His brain is located in his *****. He needs to j e r k s off.

Leave a comment:

• dmartmar
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's also OBVIOUS you didn't answer my question. I need LEGAL advice, not ridicule. I have a lawyer, but I want more LEGAL opinions, not just "you're screwed, look at what she did."

I have a couple of other attorney's I'm attempting to talk too and see what else there is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good for you. Then DON'T LOOK FOR LEGAL ADVICE HERE!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The only way to get her out of jail is by sending her back home and working on this from over there. Even if I pay the hefty sums of money, there is no guarantee she'll win anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then DON'T BOTHER FIGHTING IT HERE IN THE US.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yes, I will be moving there with her.I'll just get her out of the country and take the children to her, then come back and work on liquidating all of our assets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both you and her put yourselves in this position. Enjoy the weather and let's see how long you'll be able to sustain it, although my psychic intuitions say it won't be too long. What did she say when you told her you'd rather save the money and move to Honduras with her instead?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's kind of like that old movie "War Games", where the computer at the end of the movie say's "The only way to win the game is not to play."

It's the same thing with immigration and our situation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't see how something so life-affecting and financially expensive as this is just a game to you. But, then again, it only shows your level of maturity.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why make an attorney rich? That money can go MUCH ****her in Central America. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you ever consider moving to Central America before?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I hope you understand that both someone12 and dmartmar are volunteer clowns who keep entertaining us with their dumb responses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the kudos.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The case indeed is serious. But, to the person's favor are their two US citizen kids. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See? Even macyuhoo acknowledges your children's role in all of this!

Leave a comment:

• JDA
    replied
    someone12...

Are you really so hostile to people? Or is it all just an act and your laughing when you post that stuff? I mean, you have 1841 posts...which means you either post alot here or it is all spam and the admins let you get away with it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    and alibabaforty333 needs to take English classes and buy a dictionary...."dum responds?" -- what kind of moron writes this poorly?

Leave a comment:

• alibabaforty333
    replied
    JDA,
    I hope you understand Someone12 and dmartmar are volunteer clowns who keep entertaining us with their dum responds.....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    there is your answer -- go back to her country and enjoy life.

Leave a comment:

• JDA
    replied
    Thank you all for your helpful replies.

I have not given up, but..as I said, my wife is in Jail. Even if I pay the hefty sums of money, there is not guarantee she will win the day.

I think my best bet is to just get her out of the country. Then, I can take the children there and come back and work on liquidating all of our assets.

Yes, I will be moving there with her. It's kind of like that old movie "War Games", where the computer at the end of the movie say's "The only way to win the game is..not to play"

It's the same thing with immigration and our situation. Why make an attorney rich? That money can go MUCH ****her in Central America.

I have a couple of other attorney's I'm attempting to talk too. And see what there take is.

I understand the posters comment about Freedom and it isn't free. But, being illegal/undocumented and looking over your shoulder is not freedom either, nor is fighting a system that really doesn't want you (immigration), so why fight them.

That is why I posted, what is the cost benefit ratio. End result, $10,000 later and still nothing. There was recently last Sunday a NY times article that talked about this very thing. The main character of the times story ended up leaving and going to Honduras after thousands being spent over years and still nothing.

I think I would rather just live with my family there. Beautiful country and the weather is nicer than here.

Update - Looks like I might have a new lawyer, this guy used to work at immigration..meet with him tonight. Wish me luck

Leave a comment:

• macyuhoo
    replied
    Forget about Atty. Reeves. My pal had a sad experience with him personally. If you want the details of the story and incident, I'm more than willing to share it here.

Leave a comment:

• Prof.
    replied
    JDA,

I will recommend this law firm in Los Angeles. www.rreeves.com

Please visit their website, and read the success stories. It seems as if they have dealt with cases similar to yours, so call them and see what they can do for. However, freedom comes at a hefty price...

So be prepared to pay huge sums... but I rather pay for the freedom of my love one, to an ttorney with proven results. It seems as if this law firm has proven results...

Good luck....

Leave a comment:

• macyuhoo
    replied
    This Someone12 has always been a J-E-R-K. Nothing good to say. What do you expect from someone who's a 12 years old kid? He must shut up or f-u-c-k up !

The case indeed is serious. But, to the person's favor is the two US citizen kids. An extreme hardship can be proven; so there's still some hope in this. Certainly, he needs a good immigration lawyer.

Leave a comment:

• Prof.
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JDA:
    Thank you for your replies, they have been helpful.

She is in jail now though, while we apply to repopen the case, she sits in jail. The only way to get her out is to send her back home and work on this from there. According to the Senators office, there are lots of people who do this and get it approved but it takes 6 to 9 months.

But if I fight, she sits in jail the whole time until the case is reopened. the lawyer wants $5000 for this. I dont have this kind of money to just throw away. That's why I wanted to know my chances on the case being reopened. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

JDA,

Your situation is very complex and require a very very good attorney who can do this effectively. Couple of obstacles for you and wife: previous arrest by USCIS and her release doesn't absolve her from deportation. If she claimed that she never received the letter from USCIS about her need to appear before an immigration judge, it is not going to fly with the judge. In most cases, the govt is given a free pass on such matters.

Secondly, you cannot condone the fact that she lied to IO recently during the interview. Under oath, this is egregious and unforgivable. She could have been forward about this and explain why she never showed up for the proceedings. For now, she is seen as having attempted to lie to USCIS in an attempt to procure an immigration benefit. A serious crime...

Lastly, once she is deported, it is the end of her being in the US. You can only see her in 2016 or 2017 after the 10 yrs ban expires. I've never known anyone to have came back to the US after being in the US for that long time. Unless this was a situation where she had a terminally ILL child, in which her deportation would cause undue stress or harm to her child, who is a US citizen. I will admit too, even this one will be a tough cookie to ram down the throat of aroused USCIS officers and ICE.

I am sorry that your wife is in jail, it seems as if her release will eminate from a lawyer's intervention. Go to USCIS website, under DO offices, chose your own office and see the organizations which offer various immigration services. Moreover, go there and explain your case to them. Yes.. a good lawyer can file a motion to reopen such a case on your behalf...

Good luck....

I stayed at the Hilton last night....

Leave a comment:

• Houston
    replied
    You need a good lawyer to work on your case. The proceedings will be reopened if there's evidence of defective service and the alien appears to be eligible for the form of relief sough.

One problem here is that the alien was arrested and given **** notice of proceedings. She could be charged with "having knowledge" of her obligations before the court, and that alone is a difficult factor very hard to overcome. Also, mandatory looks like a possibility given her circumstances, but there should be some forms of relief available.

But then there's the I-212 waiver. There's a conflict between INA and CFR when it comes to this provision. There's no clear precedent or even a circuit split when it comes to this, but there's lots of grounds for a good argument in light of Succar and the recent 9th circuit precedents.

You need to hire an attorney with experience, one that's up to date with the latest developments and opinions. Only then, you'll be able to obtain the legal advice you need. A message board is not the place to inquire about such delicate situations.

On a different note, it's your WIFE you're talking about. There's plenty legal offices that offer charity work. You do what you want, but while you debate your finances here with this board your wife sits in detention, day in and day out.

-THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE-

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed