Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K-3 or no K-3..should i file for it too, after the I-130?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-3 or no K-3..should i file for it too, after the I-130?

Does anyon have any knowledge about it? I will file for the I-130 for my alien spouse. I was told that the I-130 can be processed in 5 months or earlier, provided there isnt any problems of course. And that if I filed for k-3 it might actually increase the wait period since it must go thru the overseas consulate. Any information on this?

Does anyon have any knowledge about it? I will file for the I-130 for my alien spouse. I was told that the I-130 can be processed in 5 months or earlier, provided there isnt any problems of course. And that if I filed for k-3 it might actually increase the wait period since it must go thru the overseas consulate. Any information on this?

Comment

Disagree. It's the contrary. Filing of Form I-129F (K3 nonimmigrant visa) is aimed at "facilitating" the legal entry of the alien spouse into the US. But you must wait for the I-130 Receipt Notice as part of its supporting documents on top of the bonafides of your marital relationship.

Comment

i 130 takes a long time 999 days at most
        but the name check make it longer, I filed in 2004 and till now since one year and like two monthes I am still in name check stage
        taht consumes the time
        I asked the lawyer he said some people in this name check for like 3 years
        so the only thing which consumes the time is name check then the processing of I 130

the consulate does not take time, they ask you for things which does not take between one week to one month at most like police clearance, medical exam, the normal application and your passport and the marriage license.

please read www.visajourney.com it will explain to you all the details about K 3 visa
        thank you

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BELIEVE:
          And that if I filed for k-3 it might actually increase the wait period since it must go thru the overseas consulate. Any information on this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where is your spouse?

If outside the USA, she/he will go through consular processing no matter which route you choose.

It is true that K3 was "invented" when approval of I-130 took years. Nowdays, both take about the same time... sometimes I-130 is even faster. Since nobody can for sure say how it will be in the next few months, most people still go for both.

I-130 results in an immigrant visa. And after entering the USA, your spouse receives green card. I-129 for K3 non-immigrant visa means adjustment of status in the USA (more expensive).

Comment

do you believe that I 130 is not approved and suspended under hte the execuse of name check since 2004

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation