Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have a question , need some oppinion ,comment and suggestion

i just got my green card my family is here in the US my mom petition me, for now i dont plan to stay here in the US for a long period of time , i would like to know if im qualify to apply for tourist visa ,so i can still visit them and spend christmas with them. tnx in advance.

i just got my green card my family is here in the US my mom petition me, for now i dont plan to stay here in the US for a long period of time , i would like to know if im qualify to apply for tourist visa ,so i can still visit them and spend christmas with them. tnx in advance.

Comment

what r u talking about my friend?u said u just got ur green card?and ur asking if u can get a tourist visa?be more clear plz,,what is ur question exactly?

Comment

Althea, you don't need a tourist visa, you need a reentry permit so that you can go out and come back in. Please go to the uscis.gov website, immigration forms, and look for Form I-131. Read the instructions. It's very easy to fill out.

Comment

for now i dont want to stay a long period of time in the US , when i got the green card i came back to may home country ,then after 5months i came back in the US but the immigration said that i should stay long in the US which i dont want to stay a long period of time , for now i want to stay longer in my country of birth.

Comment

Feeling homesick? Are you from the Philippines? The reentry permit is valid for two years. Being a green card holder (permanent resident), you should demonstrate to the US government that you don't want to abandon such residency requirement, otherwise they will capture your card and give it to somebody else. Haha!

Comment

If you abandon your GC Status you can apply for a Visitors Visa.

Imposible to say whether you would get one, depends on your individual circumstances.

Comment

for now i dont want to have an obligation to return in the US , and stay in my birth of country for only 6months or 1 yr.
                i dont want immigration to be mad at me bec. of traveling often. just to keep my status.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Theone:
                  If you abandon your GC Status you can apply for a Visitors Visa.

Imposible to say whether you would get one, depends on your individual circumstances. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

... and impossible to imagine that anyone would ever do that.

Althea, what you're feeling now is just temporary. Give yourself a chance to imbibe your actual situation. Look beyond yourself.

I'm telling you, lots and lots of people are doing everything just to attain the exact same stage that you're at now.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mike_2007:
                    i honestly dont understand what r u talking about althea?????????u said u have a green card,,and u said ur in the u.s now,,and u said the immigration said u have to stay longer?what do u mean?and why would u give up ur status anyway? btw rough neighbor ,,the reentery permint is valid for 1 year,,not 2 years </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Muta Assif, Mike. Form I-131 serves two purposes: Advance Parole and Reentry Permit. Advance Parole is used by "immigrants in process" which is valid for one year, and renewable. While the Reentry Permit is used by immigrants or green card holders, valid for two years, but not renewable. Please review the Form I-131 instructions.

Comment

im a GC holder wich requires me to stay in the us in order to keep my status, my family is here in the US , but for now i dont plan to stay in a long period of time here in US, but i want to visit them at least ones a year , i want to spend christmas with them , i want to ask if im qualify to apply for tourist visa coz im planing to let go my GC.

Comment

Rough Neighbor , tnx may be your right but im still confuse, ill give it a try , im homesick sobbb, if ever i would like to ask what are the qualification for re-entry permit, i dont have a job right now , am i qualify for re-entry permit ? TNX again i realy appreciate it.

Comment

As they say, everyday is a new day, and what a way to start it this Thursday morning!

You don't want any obligation from the US government that you stay here for a long time, just to keep your status; instead you want to stay where you want, give it up, and apply for a tourist visa? Wow!

The US government doesn't have any obligation to abide by your own life pattern.

Okay, give up your permanent residency, the sooner the better, and apply for a tourist visa once you're back to your country.

But please, get back to us and give us the update after three months. We'll be waiting.

Comment

i just got mg GC am i qualify for re-entry permit?

Comment

Ask mike.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs