Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i 130 form

my i 130 form was approved and my sister is the one that filed it. what does this mean about it being approved, do i have to wait long, do i have to wait until a visa number becomes available or does this mean one has been assigned to me already. some one please answer

my i 130 form was approved and my sister is the one that filed it. what does this mean about it being approved, do i have to wait long, do i have to wait until a visa number becomes available or does this mean one has been assigned to me already. some one please answer

Comment

Basically, it means that you've been approved to continue processing. Your file will now go to the NVC (National Visa Center) where it will wait until a visa number becomes available to you.
      The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

If you are the spouse or minor children of a US
        citizen, a visa number is automatically available for you.

If not, there's a wait time on your visa
        process depends on what category and your country
        of origin.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mmiles:
          my i 130 form was approved and my sister is the one that filed it. what does this mean about it being approved, do i have to wait long, do i have to wait until a visa number becomes available or does this mean one has been assigned to me already. some one please answer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          It means your sister proved that you are her sibling and that, as USC, she can petition for you. As said, that's the first part of the process.
          How much longer it will take depends on when she filed the petition and from where you are (PD becomes current for your region = visa number available).

Comment

thanks for your comment guys, my application was filed in July 2007. and i live in jamaica.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by speed_025:

of origin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a post about i-130 but quick question..once the petition gets approved my husband will automatically be assigned a visa number which means what?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Desire019:
                I have a post about i-130 but quick question..once the petition gets approved my husband will automatically be assigned a visa number which means what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> ... an immigrant visa is available to him. He doesn't have to wait in the line.
                The concept is more important for those who are in the categories that have limited number of visas available per year. Let's say 23000. And your application is 35098. So, there is no visa for you this year (all used up by the ones in front of you). Next year you are 12098 in the line so "immigrant visa number" is available, and the process may continue.
                "Immigrant visa number" goes by the priority date (petition receipt date) and when the date becomes "current" in Visa Bulletin, it means "visa number is available".

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">quote:
                  Originally posted by speed_025:

of origin.

I have a post about i-130 but quick question..once the petition gets approved my husband will automatically be assigned a visa number which means what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can try this link too.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...91.html#Spouse

Comment

aneri in the mean time i am awaiting the available visa, and i going to receive any letters from the nvc how long does siblings filing take.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mmiles:
                      aneri in the mean time i am awaiting the available visa, and i going to receive any letters from the nvc how long does siblings filing take. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> A few months before an immigrant visa number becomes available to you, your sister will receive a correspondence from NVC. There will be some forms to fill out and fees to pay. After that is completed and your imm. visa number is available, you may file for adjustment of status if legaly in the USA or the file will be forwarded to the consulate in your home country.

How long it takes? 10 - 25 years from initial filling of I-130, depending from where you are.
                      http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_4177.html Look under Family category 4th.

Comment

I really dont understand the dates in the visa bulletin, my application was made in july 2007 and was approved march 2008. i am in the last category. could some one shed some light on it

Comment

I really dont understand the dates in the visa bulletin, my application was made in july 2007 and was approved march 2008. i am in the last category. could some one shed some light on it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                          It means that an immigrant visa number in that category is available to those who were petitioned before the date shown:

All other countries: petition filed by 22JUL97
                          From China 15DEC96
                          From India 22NOV96
                          From Mexico 01DEC94
                          From Phillipines 22FEB86

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms