X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josie Jo
    replied
    Sorry, I don't know anything about Michigan Criminal Code.

I know prisoners have been released and immigration never picked them up.

That's about the only hope you have.

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe
    replied
    Do BCIS know that CPRs who dont get approved will virtually leave the economy without fulfilling obligations like free student loans? Would this be a plea someone can make at waiver hearings?

Anyway, if they dont approve conditions removal, my next stop would be Canada!

Leave a comment:

• tnantonio
    replied
    Michigan

Leave a comment:

• Josie Jo
    replied
    There IS a difference.

Life without parole means you NEVER get out.

What State?

Leave a comment:

• tnantonio
    replied
    Josie Jo,
    Life sentence either way with or with out parole.
    And let's say that it involves the state not federal law.

Leave a comment:

• ARQU
    replied
    Not only can you walk from that loan, but all other unsecured debt (ie: consumer debt).

The credit ratings are only applicaible (and built) here in the USA... And to try to collect from another country - yeah right...

So if you are an I-751 and suspect that you are going to be kicked out - spend away! Of course, you could be in trouble if you are approved in the end....

ARQU

Leave a comment:

• Josie Jo
    replied
    There is "Life" and "Life without Parole."

Is it a State or Federal sentence?

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe
    replied
    I dont have $30K straight up, though I can work and pay back if they let me stay.

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe
    replied
    Yep, you can get every loan you apply for as PR, whether you are CPR or full LPR.

If they deny me my I751, they can forget the $30K they gave me coz I cant repay it!

Leave a comment:

• vierce
    replied
    can you really get FAFSA loans when you are still a CPR?

depending on agreements between the USA and alien's country of origins, criminals can be transferred - if that's a part of the treaty.

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe
    replied
    The reason you have to serve out your sentence here is coz thats where the crime was committed.

AFTER YOU COMPLETE that sentence here, you get sent back home.The US cannot trust another country to handle the jail part of the sentencing because how would they know whether you got released?

I think the US government can recover the costs of the jail upkeep from the person who signed the affidavit of support, because if you read the document, it talks of 'public charge or public benefit' or something like that. Thats why sponsors should follow LPRs until they become USCs, once they sign their I864s; otherwise you are legally bound by what they may do.

I have always wondered what would happen if one gets FAFSA loans when still CPR, and spouse refuses to cooperate at removal of conditions and the LPR (CPR) is kicked out of USA. Who pays the loan to the US govt?

Leave a comment:

• vierce
    replied
    i thought you typically get transferred out to prison of your country of origin after some time they keep you here. at least that's how it works in europe.

Leave a comment:

• tnantonio
    replied
    I just think that is ridiculous!! Why aren't they deported to have their country take care of them? What does the USA get out of this?

Leave a comment:

• ARQU
    replied
    Oh yes...

If you sponsored that alien in - guess who pays the costs of keeping them in prision for life...

That's right - you... So be very careful and be sure about what you are doing before signing the affidavit of support...

ARQU

Leave a comment:

• ARQU
    replied
    Then after their life sentence is over - they would be deported. Of course, most people don't outlive their 'life sentences'...

Of course, the USA also will (and does) hold some aliens indefinatley without even charging them.. Here and abroad...

ARQU

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed