Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I shift from Employment based to Family based?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I shift from Employment based to Family based?

Reading on some issues here on the board, I realized that I too have a sponsorship from my US citizen father which was approved about 13 years ago, June 1992. He too was a veteran who fought WWII, he died years after the approval, 1998. All forms were submitted and we are just waiting for the processing dates. My siblings back home are very much hopeful of this. Now, my question is can I shift from labor based to family based? Would it not hurt my 245i labor based? Or is this allowed? I came here as a skilled worker (programmer), then will shift to family based permanent residency. I have difficulty in finding a new sponsor for my LC, most companies will sponsor H1B but not LC because of my expired h1b (more than 6 years). What should I do? Are there forms to file? One thing though, I do not have my paperwork. Somehow I lost it because I never expected to have any use of that. I remember our case numbers are almost consecutive numbers. All nine (9) of us siblings got approved. Should I write INS for a copy of my case number? Where do I start? I appreciate any input. Thanks.

Reading on some issues here on the board, I realized that I too have a sponsorship from my US citizen father which was approved about 13 years ago, June 1992. He too was a veteran who fought WWII, he died years after the approval, 1998. All forms were submitted and we are just waiting for the processing dates. My siblings back home are very much hopeful of this. Now, my question is can I shift from labor based to family based? Would it not hurt my 245i labor based? Or is this allowed? I came here as a skilled worker (programmer), then will shift to family based permanent residency. I have difficulty in finding a new sponsor for my LC, most companies will sponsor H1B but not LC because of my expired h1b (more than 6 years). What should I do? Are there forms to file? One thing though, I do not have my paperwork. Somehow I lost it because I never expected to have any use of that. I remember our case numbers are almost consecutive numbers. All nine (9) of us siblings got approved. Should I write INS for a copy of my case number? Where do I start? I appreciate any input. Thanks.

Comment

Can you lose your 245i ? on what instances will this happen? Thanks.

Comment

Hi Mary !
        I think you should discuss your case with an attorney .You need to find out how to get a copy of I-130 approval , which your father filed back in 1992. Based on current visa bulletin you should be able to file for adjustment any time.Your priority date must be somewhere in 1992. Also, since petitioner passed away you have to make sure if you are still eligible.
        It will not hurt your 245i labor certificate aplication. You are grandfathered alien and you are not limited to seek adjustment of status solely on a basis of your 245i LC application.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation