• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /

Comment

to NVC.

Comment

dear aneri

would you please explain to me how the I 129 or the I 130 requires a visa number as mike asking
        I need to understand this cause my case number has been changed from the embassy to start with 2006 instead of 2005 so I need to get it
        thank you in advance for your answer

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mike_2007:
          on the i-130 instuctions,,it says that u.s citizen spouses are not required to wait for a visa number ?so what is that mean then?if we dont have to wait for a visa number ,,then why would they send it to the national visa number for a visa number? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The USCIS's responsibility is to approve the petition and adjust the status if the beneficiary is in the US, and I-485 is also filed along with I-130, otherwise they send the case to NVC for visa processing. NVC contacts the petitioner and ask for Affidavit of support and sends a packet to benificiary with form DS-230. When all the required doccuments are submitted to NVC then they send the file to US Consulate abroad where the benificiary resides. Then the consulate contacts the benificiary and instructs him/her to provide some doccuments. Once the doccuments are submitted by the benificiary then they schedule an interview date.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by said:
            would you please explain to me how the I 129 or the I 130 requires a visa number as mike asking
            I need to understand this cause my case number has been changed from the embassy to start with 2006 instead of 2005 so I need to get it
            thank you in advance for your answer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Visa number and case number are two different things.

You are "immediate relative" of USC, so you don't have to wait for a "visa number" to become available. One doesn't really get a "number". It is just counted; something like - USC petitioning for spouse: +1

If your spouse would be PR, in a first few years, the petition would wait in NVC because there would not be an "immigrant visa number" available; for this category the number of visas that may be issued per year is limited. Let's say there are 40.000 visas per year, and you filed as 40.560; First year there is no "visa number" available to you. The second year, you are 560 in a line for new 40.000 visas, so "visa number" is available to you.

Case number is a number assigned to a case. NVC opens a file and assigns a number, so all the documents and correspondence with that case# end up in a correct file. As far as I know, it has nothing to do with the priority of the case.
            It is like, if you have a lawyer, he/she probably opened a file in your name and gave it a case number as well.

Why did the consulate changed you case number is something only they can tell you. It depends on their system. Maybe they open a new file each time a case is sent back to the USA for AP/AR so they can keep track which one are still open (no response yet).

Comment

aneri

thank you very much
              your explaination is very useful
              I appreciate your clarification and care

Thank you very much

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times