Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• permanent residence question

Hi i was just wandering how long after obtaining your EAD does it usually take to receive permanent resident status because I have had my EAD for about 3 years now and was needing to apply for financial aid for college but without permanent residence/Green card I cannot apply for it. Thanks in advance

Hi i was just wandering how long after obtaining your EAD does it usually take to receive permanent resident status because I have had my EAD for about 3 years now and was needing to apply for financial aid for college but without permanent residence/Green card I cannot apply for it. Thanks in advance

Comment

it mainly depends on your local office (chek processing times) and background check.

Have you had your interview?

Comment

rabbit -

How long ago did you file your green card application? If it has been a long time you may be able to file a mandamus suit against the USCIS in federal district court.
        Note: This is not legal advice. For legal advice contact a competent immigration attorney. http://asylumlaw.blogspot.com

Comment

i believe we applied for it about 4-5 years ago
          (my dad applied for it as i was under age at the time) and yes we did have the interview already about 2 years ago and still havnt heard anything back as far as the green card goes.

Edit: And also I live in Texas and the processing dates for the I-485 app at the Texas office shows processing dates to be june 21, 2007 and the Dallas, TX processing time shows July 22, 2007

Comment

Or try finding out your application status via InfoPass repeatedly first. That's free of charge, mandamus isn't.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation