CSS/LULAC applicants PLEASE READ

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like Freedom1 said, each case is different, but I have yet to see any CSS LULAC applicant from the May 2004 to Dec 2005 settlement approved or been schedule for an interview.. Like my father, only for biometrics.

Comment

In the interview the immigration officer told me I'll hear from them within a month, but it's not true I did not hear anything after two months.
      I meet four people in the waiting room and I talk to them after the interview and no body got approved.

Freedom1 did you had your css/lulac interview and what is the out come, how about your Life Act case?
      Any css/lulac applicant feebback welcome

Comment

I sent my LULAC application end of last year before the deadline, initial denial b/c my attorney did not send any real evidence. So we then got a RFE and sent that back Feb 17, that was recieved on the 25th. That was the I-687. Initially on the paper and online receipt it said this case will not take more than 60 days etc. because of preprocessing but then they changed it to you can look at the current processing times statement, although there is not current processing time for I-687.

Anyway we sent both I-687 and I-690, I recieved the receipt for the I-690 with a date of March 28, 06 even though they received it with the I-687 in Feb. The current processing date for the I-690 is March 08, 06. I was checking my online status yest and saw that the I-687 was worked on June 17, 06 and the I-690 June 19, 06 which supports what other people are experiencing that the INS seems to be working on these cases albeit slowly.

I live in NJ, but my file is currently at the Missouri service center. Does anyone know if traveling with an AP either one based on the LULAC settlement or on the LIFE ACT is dangerous?

I haven't traveled abroad in my life and really would like to do so.

Will keep you posted as to the progress of my case.

Comment

Its not good to travel right now,If your case is deney while your are travelling outside and will be deney to get in. Should advice any immgration lawer before travel.
          sa

Comment

If anyone has anything new to add please do.

Comment

I am a CSS applicant. Does anyone know whether the renewal of EAD is free or you have to pay? I sent in my renewal last month without the filing fee, because according to the settlement agreement, the first renew is supposed to be free. They rejected it, because of no filing fee. I went to USCIS, with the printout from their own website about the settlement agreement, they still asked me to send it in with the a filing fee. Anyways, anyone with or same predicament or ideas? Please respond?
              Bern

Comment

Another ****ster bites the dust

Comment

Hi, I got my interview on july 07 2005. As of today no news at all. I went to the immigration office but the officer does not know more than what the computer tells him.
                  I been traveling with my parole (hong kong, Costa Rica,Peru,Malasya etc.) whitout any problems. And I applied for my work permit over the internet you have to pay every year only the first year is free.
                  Any news i'll be posting it here .

Comment

Can one apply EAD online? Is that true?

Comment

Can one apply EAD online? Is that true?
                      Why is it so hard to believe?

Comment

bern,

yes you can apply EAD online. visit www.bcis.gov website, then click on forms and e-file on the right hand side. then continue from there.

Comment

A little update..

Well the case was schedule for a Interview on November 16, which was yesterday, at the Los Angeles USCIS office.
                          Going there was a nerve wreck since you never know what to expect.. I waited in the lobby for the entire time so I would know..
                          Well the interviwed lasted for a little over 20 minutes. And it seems everything went well. The officer had all the documents provided to USCIS by me with the application, about 2 inches worth of documents.
                          He did the swearing in.. etc.. The interviewed only consisted of one questions..
                          When did the departures and entries to the US occur and for what reason. Once that was answered he just asked if there were any arrests and so on, and he asked for any questions the applicant might have.. there was one, and the Officer laughed..
                          The interview was over, he said there should be a decision VERY soon, but that everything looked pretty good.
                          Very fast and to the point interview.

I guess there was no need for further questions since there were 4 affidavits by USC's.. There was about 20 articles of evidence from US government agencies from 1981-1988 that were sent in with the application. So everything was clear.

What I think is that they do is analyze your case prior to the interview and with the VERY strong case presented to him he had no choice but to just ask relevant questions to establish the eligibility to the Class Membership in this case CSS.

So if you're commiting fraud, taking shady evidence, they'll know right away, you don't have a chance. YOU DON'T HAVE A CHANCE I REPEAT. A man went in there for an interview and he was commiting fraud because he said he came to the US in 1987 and left on and off and didn't come out of the interview for the time I was there (2 hrs or so) So he might of been deported for all you know.. The LA office isn't playing games..

Comment

Hi Caliguy, I had my cssI687 interview may2005 with same person year later he sent me inten to deney now case in aao.I'm goin to the same office more then 20years.the dao is kind of new,now I donot know whats goinon.Any body knows?
                            sa

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caliguy:
                              A little update..

Well the case was schedule for a Interview on November 16, which was yesterday, at the Los Angeles USCIS office.
                              Going there was a nerve wreck since you never know what to expect.. I waited in the lobby for the entire time so I would know..
                              Well the interviwed lasted for a little over 20 minutes. And it seems everything went well. The officer had all the documents provided to USCIS by me with the application, about 2 inches worth of documents.
                              He did the swearing in.. etc.. The interviewed only consisted of one questions..
                              When did the departures and entries to the US occur and for what reason. Once that was answered he just asked if there were any arrests and so on, and he asked for any questions the applicant might have.. there was one, and the Officer laughed..
                              The interview was over, he said there should be a decision VERY soon, but that everything looked pretty good.
                              Very fast and to the point interview.

I guess there was no need for further questions since there were 4 affidavits by USC's.. There was about 20 articles of evidence from US government agencies from 1981-1988 that were sent in with the application. So everything was clear.

What I think is that they do is analyze your case prior to the interview and with the VERY strong case presented to him he had no choice but to just ask relevant questions to establish the eligibility to the Class Membership in this case CSS.

So if you're commiting fraud, taking shady evidence, they'll know right away, you don't have a chance. YOU DON'T HAVE A CHANCE I REPEAT. A man went in there for an interview and he was commiting fraud because he said he came to the US in 1987 and left on and off and didn't come out of the interview for the time I was there (2 hrs or so) So he might of been deported for all you know.. The LA office isn't playing games.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Caliguy,

I had my interview 30 days ago at the Los Angeles office as well.

The officer told my laywer to wait about a month or so for an answer.

My lawyer told me that if 45 days has passed since the interview, she was going back to the LA office to inquire with the officer (we got his name).

I'll let you guys know what happens.

Freedom1.

Comment

Application Type: I687, APPLICATION FOR STATUS AS A TEMPORARY RESIDENT

Current Status: Fingerprint fee accepted; receipt notice mailed and case pending.

On July 10, 2005, your fingerprint fee was accepted and we have mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Your case is now pending. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process each kind of case in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below for current processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

that's the new status for the case.. it just changed this morning/last night

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation