Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authorization for employment

Hi...I'm new to this site but wanted to inquire about the actual time it would take for my wife to obtain her working papers. I heard that due to the form price increases, immig. were swamped with loads of paper work so would it take a long time?? months? She filed and was approved to adjust her deportable status back in late Sept 07'. We married early Sept 07'..and she arrived to the US (8-9 yrs ago) with VISA but expired...I'm kinda learning along way the way with all this immigration stuff..thanks for any assistance..

Hi...I'm new to this site but wanted to inquire about the actual time it would take for my wife to obtain her working papers. I heard that due to the form price increases, immig. were swamped with loads of paper work so would it take a long time?? months? She filed and was approved to adjust her deportable status back in late Sept 07'. We married early Sept 07'..and she arrived to the US (8-9 yrs ago) with VISA but expired...I'm kinda learning along way the way with all this immigration stuff..thanks for any assistance..

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> She filed and was approved to adjust her deportable status back in late Sept 07'. We married early Sept 07'... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What exactly did she file and how was she adjusted and has your marriage has anything to do with her immigration status?

Also, please check the instructions to form I-765 (Employment Authorization Document) at: www.uscis.gov under Immigration Forms.

Comment

Hi thanks for responding. The attorney filed a G325 and I 130 just this past Oct 5, 07'. HBack in summer of 2007, her status was deportable b/c she didnt respond to a letter mailed to her by immig. courts (Fed plza) at a different address. When the attorney filed the motion, the courts heard that case and agreed to the adjustment of status and was deemed undeportable at this time. Case was forwarded to immigration for I guess the interview?? But another question I have is what happens now?? Does she have to wait until she is approved first for work authorization....does she wait until after the I 130 to start fingerprints etc...

Comment

Hey Verbalst...we did marry in Sept.

Comment

Hey Verbalist...we did marry in Sept 07'...

Comment

Will is/was she in removal proceedings? if she is she will have to wait until the I-130 is approved then she can file the I-485 to adjust status through immigration court (the immigration judge will ajudicate the adjustment of status) and she can the file the work authorization together with the I-485..am in a somewhat of a similiar situation.Hope that helps.
              "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes everywhere will be war"...................BOB MARLEY

Comment

Will take a look at this relative files Form I-130.

2. The petition is approved.

3. You file with the immigration Judge your Adjustment of Status application form ( I-485), in conjunction with, Approval Notice for I-130 Visa petition, G-325A, tax records of you and your wife, Form I-864, results of a medical examination on Form I-693, ( check with the court regarding medical and vaccination if they want this together with the filing of I-485 or after...... there's more, check with your lawyer for a complete filing documents.)

4. INS will notify you of time and date of your biometrics appointment (fingerprints). You will need to pay a fee for your fingerprints.

5.The court will notify you of the next court hearing for the adjudication of the merits of your application. The Judge will review the application this time and if Adjustment of Status is granted, an order will be issued.

6. You will then present the Immigration Judge's Order to USCIS for the issuance of your I-551 ( Alien Registration Card).

Note that every case is unique. These guideline is just to give you an overview of an AOS while in immigration proceedings. The step by step process might be the same or a little different from this person who told me of his situation.

**Do you know that you can apply for employment authorization along with an application for AOS? Did your lawyer tell you?

Hope this will help a bit.

Comment

Hi..according to our attorney he mentioned that he filed G325 and I 130. We need to await interview appointment and upon their (immig) conclusion, we then would file the I 485, I 765, I 864 and I guess the I 693. The attorney filed a motion to have the judicial court reopen her deportable status case, was granted a hearing...we went to the hearing and judge heard the case. This case was closed and we are now awaiting for interview based on the I 130. I was confused about what should be first the SS card, working permit etc...or the interview. Well I guess its the interview first according to the attorney.. any input would be greatly appreciated...thanks...

Comment

Hey...curious how long before we are called for this interview..I 130?...should she be receiving a letter months before regarding the interview???

Comment

Ok am waiting on my letter for my I-130 interview and it's been 4 months now but my case was tranfered in july but yours might be different.So you dont have an more immigration court issues right?..i filed my I-130 in January and was transfered to local office in July and now waiting for that interview.
                      "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes everywhere will be war"...................BOB MARLEY

Comment

They normally send the letter about a month before the actual interview.

Comment

Morning...yeah..she/we dont have any court appointments thus far..we just have to wait. I guess immigration staffing is likely low right..it seems like there isnt enough employees taking care of the hundreds and thousands of applications to be processed. So is your case similiar to mine in that you filed the G 325 and I 130..see with my wife she came in legally with visa but it expired and they found out about her status. She/we want to deal with making her status legal...as you know...that is our objective .. Hey ...what do you your case was transfered...you filed in Jan 07' but I dont get it..shouldnt your case been called..hows does July fit into the equation..???

Comment

When a case is transfered for an interview it normally takes a while but there is something call an INFOPASS that you can make online to go find out what the status of the case at your local office.Yes your case is similiar to yours i came in legally with visa too but it expired,my case was transfered in July and it was orginally file onin January at Califonia service center they then kept it for 6 months to do the preliminary processing and then transfered it to the local office for an interview....i made an infopass a few weeks ago and they told me that my I-130 is at the office BUT the have to request my Alien file (that's the file that has all your info that USCIS keeps about you pertaining to immigration)to schedule the interview, the woman told me that i should be there anything as the requested it about a month ago it normally takes 2 to weeks to transfer.

Comment

Ooops...it should read the woman told me that it should be there anytime as it was requested about a month ago...it normally takes 2 weeks to a month tobe transfred.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation