Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long does it take???

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a 1-130 petition approved for an unmarried child over 21?

Help!!!!!!

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a 1-130 petition approved for an unmarried child over 21?

Help!!!!!!

Comment

go to the ins website they have all the processing dates there but you have to know where your case is being processed

Comment

Vermont.

Comment

My father and stepmother who are US citizens filed an I-130 for me back in 2000 at Vermont. I was over 21 and unmarried. I think they were still working on cases from Jan 1999 when I last checked. I called after 999 days as stated which was last year and they told me it could take up to 5 years!!!

Comment

Five years!!!!!! Your joking? Whats' the point of the timeline???? So what do you do in the meantime?

Comment

Traveler,

If your number is current you file an I-485 package, give a copy of your I-130 receipt, complete an I-130 (do not pay the fee again). That's what you do.

Comment

I've already, sent in my 1-130 over two years now. Can I send in the 1-485 form in now, and what will be the advantage of that? Will a lawyer help when your time for processing is up and they are processing applications 3 years behind?????

Thanks

Comment

If your father filed for you(under 21) and he is GC holder, now they are in process from 4/99, if he is USC, then process now from 1/2004..So think about it ,, best is to be a citizen first befoer applying for you..but, again you become over 21..good luck

Comment

traveler,

if you send in an I-485 now it will be denied. You must wait until your priority date is current. If you file before then it gets denied.

Comment

trish, on the other forum people shared their expirience with our cat and Vermont center-the last info was that in December 2003 , Vermont Center approved persons's petition for the 1st pref cat that was filed on February 2000, meaning that in Dec 2003 they were on Feb 2000. When exactly was your 130 filed in 2000?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation