Divorce and Sponsor's obligation...please need help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first 5 yrs of having a GC you are not entitled to anything, and not even low cost insurance for children like in my State as he isn't a USC.
    My Mistake If that was The Son? Not The husband? the Worst Part About this Board and The Posters. noone Ever gets To see From Beginning To End exactly What Truly Happened!!!
    Always One Side only! as is My Own! ultimate Truth And Correct Action/reaction Cannot Happen Without both sides!!! Have A wonderful evening all. MIR. Out!
    ILW hypathetically speaking!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

• Just a suggestion, but if you are cutting and pasting information from a copyrighted source, it might be wise to so note.

Originally posted by SAMMY:
      A signed Form I-864 Affidavit of Support creates a legally binding contract between the sponsor, the foreign national and the federal, state and local governments whose resources may be recouped should the foreign national receive any assistance from governmental agencies.

Agencies that provide means-tested public benefits to sponsored immigrants will be able to request reimbursement from sponsors for the amount of benefits that they provide and sue them if they do not repay.

USCIS will provide information to benefit providing agencies on the names and addresses of sponsors; these agencies, not USCIS, will be involved in the enforcement of affidavits of support.

If sponsors do not provide basic support to the immigrants they bring to the United States, the sponsored immigrants may sue their sponsors.

Comment

• Originally posted by MakeItRight!:
        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
        I know that now federale, but a bit late to change lawers..but oh well.

Contrary to belief..no I or anyone like me are NOT entitled to welfare if the State you are living in sticks to the rules.
        Some States like CA do override the rule and do give out some benefits if in dire need.

If you have a USC child, then that is different as you can claim benefits for that child. If not, then tough luck.

The first 5 yrs of having a GC you are not entitled to anything, and not even low cost insurance for children like in my State as he isn't a USC.

After the 5 yrs..you can try if needed, and that is why the agencies in question can obtain money back from Sponsor.
        However, most LPR's would be a USC by then.

But regardless, why should an LPR go onto benefits upon separation or if a situation where you can't make ends meet? Remember the Spouse brings you over here and promises that won't happen.
        Thats where Spousal support comes in of course, but then you can get spouses like mine that would do anything to destroy equity from assets and even close down business and go unemployed (and hide money) just so they don't have to be responsible or give one dime.

The problem here and in most cases is not about coping for the future or long term, but mostly short term or until divorce settlement at least.
        The immigrant spouse is often in a situation where they need a step up or help while that is all sorted out or until they can manage on their own.

There is help for those not having a GC yet and those who are USC's..but LPR's..in first 5 yrs..zilch most of time.
        So as I said before..welfare is not an option in most cases no matter the need.

So all the complaints about immigrants taking welfare, is wrong.
        WHAAAAT??? He was not USC???? you Married a non USC???? What The F??? too many Games here!!! gotta Go! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sprinite

the complaints are not about legal immigrants taking welfare. they are covered under the 5 yr rule. It is people using term immigrant to describe "illegal" to try to confuse the americans that all are the same. It is a ruse.

Illegals that have usc children receive welfare benefits on behalf of each of their children. cash, foodstamps etc, . I believe that this is why there is that perception . It has been proven that illegals have pretty much the same benefits that are available to them as legal residents, and in some cases, even more so. go figure huh. Mortgages, free health clinics, food help, cash assistance. Mostly from taxpayer assistance thru some form of grant to some non profit organization such as Acorn, La Raza and more like them. You ask how can this happen.. It is outrageous? Pretty much.

I hope someone can help you sprint. Try

Comment

• As far as the referrence below referring to osensei. First I have no aliase second I hold 7 commendations and third my website has stopped over 20 scams against americans in the last year and a half.
          know you facts
          I personally appeared as advocate before a U.S attorney concerning a marriage fraud case in which an eldely man was beaten with a coat hanger.
          Before you make refference to myself or my website know your facts , I also aided the deprtment of health and an abuse investigation. the video I promote has kept several men from becoming victims .

While many of you complain about being had by foreign women I have men daily call me for help much of which they get free. so here again is the website www.nationalmeditation.org/page17.htm

Comment

• Excellent !!! Keep up the good work.

DEATH TO VAWA, DEATH TO IMBRA !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by davdah:
              A British version of La Raza? It might work. You could claim we yanks have made a mess of the queens English and its your mission to correct our grammar,LOL.
              Don't forget the spelling! LOL.
              The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

• SonofMichael, why do you (obviously) believe U.S. immigrants are there because they don’t have anything better to do?

They’re there to contribute to the U.S., the U.S. doesn’t have it all and immigrants want to contribute their two cents, seeing as though the U.S. seemingly wants it all. We go there to contribute our charity donations – input, culture, wisdom, support, guidance, example, and so on. The way you guys come into our countries to do the same. Giving up our citizenship is not a big deal because we’ll always be natural citizens of the same planet, the same universe if it came to that.

True though that Sprint_girl07 should get over her ungrateful ex and shouldn’t concern herself with what any other unappreciative citizen - US or otherwise - thinks about her taking any taxpayers money or sponging off any government for benefits. As for what’s rightly yours, Sprint_girl07, it can’t ever be yours if it never was yours. You got shortchanged, it’s OK, now you know and can prevent from ever letting it happen again. In case you’ve failed to notice, a lot of USC’s concern don’t lie with immigrants at all but with themselves. They too need to take responsibility for themselves so don’t take any “immigrant put-downs” personally. Your only obligation to the world and its governments, including the U.S.'s is to take care of yourself. Don’t be to hard on yourself. We all err and require aid often. You fell in love with the wrong individual and not because he’s an American, his type are everywhere. It’s happened to myself more than once. Stuff happens, you get used to it.

Comment

• God Bless USA!!!

Some D A M N! Good People Here! Not Racists, as Many are Lead to Believe.

just Trying To save something That Is IMPORTANT!!!! Anyone From Anyplace Is More Than Welcome To Save This. America = Melting Pot Of Fairness to all!!! do Not Take Advantage! .

Contributions and Loyalty welcome!!!!
                  USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Multitasking Not Easy!
                    America Deserves Thought and participation!!!! Contributions Great!!! If We Work Together? We Just Might Make A difference!!!! Helping The Good Peeps Of This world! And educating Those That Might Be Taken Advantage!!!! and Worse! destroying a System Of Equality and fairness. Everyone Deserves The Chance To Change! Time Limit! Method To My Madness!!!

MIR Is Crazy!! Not Fair!!! No Group, No Connection! Selfish Direction and Goal!!!! Mir Is Mir! past Was Dcwtech. Mir/Dcwtech, only 2!!!!!! Changed The Id Only to Deter Stereotypical Views!

Comment

• sodium hypochlorite sanitizer

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs