Divorce and Sponsor's obligation...please need help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonof, with you last post you have proven again that you don't know anything about that topic. Why don't you back of and just write something when you are sure you know what you are writing about.

Comment

SON OF VILLAGE IDOIT, I am sooo happy your ex-wife and her boyfriend WON against you and made you a bitter person!!! Were you in the house when they were going to blow it up? Ha,ha!!!!You are so stupid!! SUCH A FOOL!!!! WHAT AN A**h*l*!!! Keep us laughing some more, SON OF STUPID!!

Comment

SonofM..

What kind of planet are you on? It seems you accuse everyone of the same thing, regardless of what their post is.
        I don't know your story, but for what I gather from reading some of your posts, it tells me that you must have been some sad saddo that married an immigrant because you couldn't find anyone yourself in your home State or country, and then they saw you for who you really are and did the dirty on you.
        You need to get a life and get over it. You spend your time here not helping anyone but giving everyone grief and and giving every immigrant a hard time. I thought this place was a place to seek information and help.
        This is not a place SOM for you to spend your miserable time to take out on others.
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
        1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

For your information, I did work all these years but my STBX would not pay me. He would not let me get another job, allow me to get my drivers license and had no access to the car if I did.
          I want to work, I want to support myself. To do that I need money. I have no money, and excuse me what is OURS is not all his. SO yes I am entitled to my part of the marital assets, my money that I brought over was used to buy the assets.
          SO no, I am not trying to get anything free, I worked for it and paid for it.

Vegado thank you for your response.
          Regarding suing your sponsor, USCIS acutally say you can if the Sponsor does not make sure you are above the poverty line. The government can sue him too if I had any financial assistance from them but as there is the new immigration act saying you cannot get assistance because of the 5 yr rule for legal permanent residents, then that does not apply to me.
          If for example I cannot get spousal support or money from assets for a while (of course until I can get on my own 2 feet and support myself)the only other route would be to sue your sponsor.

I just wanted to know more about it, and if any legal guys here or anyone who had done it themselves. Because of the lack of knowledge about it, its hard to find that information on the web or anywhere else.
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Sprint_girl,

I am not a lawyer, but it states on the I-864 that this form is a contract between the Sponsor (your husband) and the government. So if you husband doesn't support you, he breaks the contract between the government and him, therefore I can't imagine you can sue him for that. He didn't break a contract between him and you.

It also states on that form that if the immigrant does receive government support the agency providing the benefits can sue the sponsor.

I was (am) in a similar situation, and I think your best bet is to go through the civil court system and sue for spousal maintenance. I live in a state where there is no spousal maintenance law, and I still receive it due to the circumstances.

Comment

Hello Vegado,

No there is somewhere on the USCIS website that states that you can sue the sponsor. I will look for it and post it.

On this site there is something about it to:

Read this: http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0608-mehta.shtm

Comment

Anyone can sue anybody and the sponsor can sue for fraud; The affidavit of support is a contract between the sponsor and the US Government; it gives no cause of action to the person committing a fraud

Comment

I know the I864 had changed in past years, maybe it depends which one you signed.

The new one states: ) ......in which the sponsor agrees to provide support to maintain the sponsored alien at an annual income that is not less than 125 percent of the Federal poverty line during the period in which the affidavit is enforceable;

(B) that is legally enforceable against the sponsor by the sponsored alien, the Federal Government, any State (or any political subdivision of such State) or by any other entity that provides any means-tested public benefit (as defined in subsection (e)), consistent with the provisions of this section;

More info: http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVAP.jsp?dockey=cb90c1...9fb47fb0686648558dbe

Comment

my STBX would not pay me. He would not let me get another job, allow me to get my drivers license and had no access to the car if I did.
                    I want to work, I want to support myself. To do that I need money. I have no money, and excuse me what is OURS is not all his
                    He didn't pay you? Pay you for what ? Being a wife ? People do not get paid for being a spouse; we would call that "prostitution". You do not get "paid" if you own a business together, we call that corporate ownership. If you want to work go ahead, no one is stopping you except yourself, you do not need money to work, you need to work to get money. You have a a** backwards way of thinking.

GET A JOB !!!!

Comment

Here is a site that confirms the new law:

http://www.visalaw.com/97nov/4nov97.html

States: The new I-864 is legally enforceable. If a sponsor fails to support the immigrant, the sponsor can be sued by any government agency or private entity that provides "means-tested benefits." The sponsor can also be sued by the immigrant.

Comment

Son of Village Idiot, please share with us your story of STUPIDITY!!! How did you find out she thought you were an A**H*L*! Ha,ha... Were you really stupid and didn't catch on for a long time??? Please make us laugh some more! Your miserable life is soooo funny. Did you pay for flight from Russia? Ha,ha...

Comment

I think payment for marriage is called ALIMONY by LAW!! Or is that 50% by law of EVERYTHING!

Comment

Son of M..you sure talk out of your ### don't you?

You obviously can't read as again you are coming back with more nonsense even though I cleary explained above why.

Do you work? Its seems you spend a lot of time here. You know....I might be going through some hard times right now, but what I do have is my self respect, and I know I can get through this and not let my STBX ever control me again.
                            In fact I will learn from my experience and help others in the future.

Now you...you poor miserable sod as they say in UK.
                            You can't get over your bad times. Instead you come here and I bet you go on many sites to poor your heart out trying to get sympathy, and yet loose your fraustration out on others.
                            You are not a man..you are weak. Get over it SOM...you are away from your ex,its now the past, so get on with your life, start living again!
                            You obviously have an anger problem, you need help. You are so anti women and obviously have no respect for them. You will not get on in life if you keep having those attitudes.

Try and be helpful not spiteful, and move on, leave the past behind. I sure will not be some sad saddo like you when I get through this divorce, I will get my self esteem back and be happy again.

Comment

The correct form is as follows. The statement "The sponsor can also be sued by the immigrant" is misleading. Anyone can sue anybody. The affidavit of support does not help the immigrant in any way in doing this.

IN FACT: I sued my ex wife for fraud and I won.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb9...CM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

Comment

Sprint_girl07, you are obviously made of quality. You will back on your feet in no time!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation