X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• previous message with new twist.

hopefully someone can help this is my previous message:

hi i have a question to anyone who can help. my fiance and have been together for 3 yrs. and we are finally geting married. i thought that i should help him when we do get married to fix his documentation. the only thing is that im not sure how to go about doing that. he came to the U.S w/out permission and no legal documentation. he's been here illegally for 15 years since he was 5 years old. would they send him to his country? and would they make him stay there? i dont know if anyone can help please i would appreciate it thank you.

now the thing is there are people that are saying going thru the military is a faster route to get legalized. the only thing is That has been his dream since he was 14 years old and now he is 21 and he dreams about being in the military. feels as if he cannot accomplish anything because with out a ss# he is nothing.we heard about a guy that became a citizen and he was in the military.my boyfriend wants to me a Marine.he dosent had a residency. he is to afraid to do anything, because the fear of being sent to country where he is lost and has no one is destroying him. he cant join the military with out a ss#. Right?? or wrong?? would being in the military help his situation? would attenping make it worse??? please if anyone can help thank you
    -alejandra-

hi i have a question to anyone who can help. my fiance and have been together for 3 yrs. and we are finally geting married. i thought that i should help him when we do get married to fix his documentation. the only thing is that im not sure how to go about doing that. he came to the U.S w/out permission and no legal documentation. he's been here illegally for 15 years since he was 5 years old. would they send him to his country? and would they make him stay there? i dont know if anyone can help please i would appreciate it thank you.

now the thing is there are people that are saying going thru the military is a faster route to get legalized. the only thing is That has been his dream since he was 14 years old and now he is 21 and he dreams about being in the military. feels as if he cannot accomplish anything because with out a ss# he is nothing.we heard about a guy that became a citizen and he was in the military.my boyfriend wants to me a Marine.he dosent had a residency. he is to afraid to do anything, because the fear of being sent to country where he is lost and has no one is destroying him. he cant join the military with out a ss#. Right?? or wrong?? would being in the military help his situation? would attenping make it worse??? please if anyone can help thank you
    -alejandra-

Comment

Illegal is illegal, period. I don't think illegals can join our military forces. It sounds like his parents smuggled him into this country (I put the fault on them since he was only five at the time). But, now that he is an adult, he will probably need to go back to (Mexico?) and follow the procedures for legally immigrating to this country. I can't see the military being the answer to your problems.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alejandra:

now the thing is there are people that are saying going thru the military is a faster route to get legalized. the only thing is That has been his dream since he was 14 years old and now he is 21 and he dreams about being in the military. feels as if he cannot accomplish anything because with out a ss# he is nothing.we heard about a guy that became a citizen and he was in the military.my boyfriend wants to me a Marine.he dosent had a residency. he is to afraid to do anything, because the fear of being sent to country where he is lost and has no one is destroying him. he cant join the military with out a ss#. Right?? or wrong?? would being in the military help his situation? would attenping make it worse??? please if anyone can help thank you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Alejandra,

I heard on National Public Radio some months ago about undocumented aliens being able to join the military.
        The reporter was interviewing a high-ranking military person.
        The officer said that as long as the country was on a declared war, the military could enlist people without proper documentation. The officer said that President Bush did declared war, but some enlistment offices don't know they can do this.
        The officer said that if a person was turned away for lacking the proper papers, to request the officer to check with their supervisors about these provisions.

Your boyfriend should at least place some phone calls to the recruitment offices.

I hope this info helps.

Freedom1.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs