Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infopass?

How soon should I schedule an Infopass appointment for the stamp in my passport if I have applied for my I-751 on March 5, 2004? I have heard different people say that infopass appointments fill up fast at certain district offices? Thanks

How soon should I schedule an Infopass appointment for the stamp in my passport if I have applied for my I-751 on March 5, 2004? I have heard different people say that infopass appointments fill up fast at certain district offices? Thanks

Comment

I think you should sart trying to get an appointment a couple of months before you need the stamp. I have been tring to get an appointment since forever and I still can't get through. I am so angry right now.Good luck getting an appointment when you need one.

Comment

Have you tried calling your district office or dropping in to schedule an appointment? I didn't know it was so difficult to get an appointment. The website just says schedule it, print it out and bring it to your appointment. I hope you are able to schedule something soon.
        Thankyou for your advice on this.

Comment

Well I finally got an appointment after trying for days. The district office said we can not drop in to make appointments. We are not even allowed in the building without an appointment....Next time I have to go I will start trying a month in advance!

Comment

What is your local office?

Comment

I am really glad that you finally got your appointment Sophiabella! I called the 1-800 # number to find out this information and they told me to book via Infopass exactly 14 days before your greencard expires because they only book appointment in 2-week blocks. Also, they will not schedule you an appointment before your expiry date. Being that you had such a tough time getting through with Infopass, I am going to start a month ahead of time.

Comment

The secret to INFOPASS is simple. They release app'ts online late at night for 14 days later.

So you simply log-on around 11:00pm or so and you will be able to get the app't.

ARQU

Comment

ARQU, does any particular day of the week work better for getting appointment?

Comment

All I know is that I was getting real frustrated trying day after day to make an INFOPASS app't all to no avail. Someone here (Sphy?) suggested that I try late at night, which I did and had no problems at all. I was given a choice of 4 different app't times (I picked the earliest of course) that were exactly 14 days out. This has worked twice for me now.

District offices are MUCH (!!!) less crowded than they used to be. They deal with cases every day of the week instead of just 4 days as week. It still takes time but you don't have to line up at 5:00am anymore (about friggen time).

You cannot get into the district offices that use INFOPASS without an app't at all. They do (supposedly) provide Internet terminals at the buildings so that people without internet can go there and book an app't. But of course, that is totally useless as if you wait until daytime to book, you won't get in. If you try to go without an INFOPASS app't, they will not even let you inside.

Frustrating - yes! But believe it or not it is better (once you have that app't). Try it late at night and I am sure you will be successful.

Oh yes, another important thing!!!! Make sure you have a printer ready to go when you make the app't online. YOU NEED TO PRINT OUT THE APP'T SHEET!!! It has security encoding on it and is the ONLY way you will get in (even if you have an app't)

Good luck... (Let us know if it works that way for you...)

ARQU

Comment

Thanks for the info ARQU. I cannot wait to see what else those clowns at INS will come up with.

Comment

Thank you for the information ARQU.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs