Is there a waiver of the 20 year ban?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proud - you weren't paying attention...I gave this whiner the true facts....yes, there are some things to wade through to get to them, but they are there....and I doubt this clown's story is going to be a NY Times bestseller....nor is "Miss D Meaner" going to appear on Oprah...why? because, quite simply, no one cares about those who are given a privilege, then go out and commit crimes in my country and then expect to be rewarded....

Comment

This guy is an amateur writer, S12.
      Let him learn his lessons and come up with more beleiveable stories next time
      http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Just Write The G D Book!!! We Will Be Waiting at Barnes and Noble! .
        USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Thanks, Make it Right. That's what I'm talking about!!!

Comment

thanks Olde, I take that as a complement. I'll definitely keep you posted on how the book writing gig is coming along. In the meantime, I'll not shy away from this discussion board

Comment

S12- Obviously, you weren't paying attention either. I said, I was to appear on Oprah...years ago....read carefully next time and don't be quick to hit that keyboard

Comment

americanwanabe; I honestly understand your situation, and I empathize with you. I don't recall ever sharing this side of my story but in my case, (and I know I will get pretty ugly comments from S-12) I like to ask for some advice from S-12, maybe I need to post my own question. There are counts against me on my immigration case.

1) Arrest date Jun 1999. I wrote a check without enough funds and when the police officer confronted me he told me that he was going to charge me with a misdemeanor A even though it was a felony, but if I seek legal help he was going to fight for a felony against me, Naïve of the consequences I agreed and plead guilty and was given one year suspended sentence. I did not know that before the eyes of immigration a misdemeanor A is a felony.

2) Arrest date Jan 2002. I received an overpayment from the social security administration as a payee for my disabled daughter, because I made more money than what I supposed to, under the SSI guidelines, the caseworker whom was in charge of my case became a detective for the social security administration and arrested me for the overpayment. The Social Security charges were dismissed.

3) The last count was that I mark US citizen on my I-9 form when I was hired to work for an employer. On a meeting when I was hired the HR people sat with me and fill the form for me, but I signed.

I recently received documentation that I am eligible to expunge my record.

My questions are:

a) The I-9 is a misrepresentation?
                b) Thos the dismissed charges count against me?
                c) I can provide proof that both of my USC children are facing extreme and unusual hardship, specially my disabled daughter, Can I get a waiver?
                d) And if I can't get a waiver can my wife get a waiver or somehow return legally to the US? She was never in trouble with the law, but she return to my country and has no permission to return to the US, for my children sake.

Well now I am ready for any (and I mean any) comments or advise.

God bless you all

Comment

Dear Mr. Sanchez,

Thank you so much for your sentiments. I'm glad you got that question off your chest and didn't let the bulldogs in this discussion board scare you away like they've probably done to numerous people who would otherwise benefit from a meaningful discussion.

I'm sorry to hear of your predicaments. However, you didn't state whether you are still in the U.S. or what. You state that can your wife return to take care of the kids? You didn't state how old your children are. Adult USC children can petition for their parents to enter the U.S.,however, if she has a criminal record it'll affect her re-entry. Like you probably know, any kind of criminal record will most likely count as an aggravated felony in Immigration law. Immigration does not recognize expunged records. Maybe someone here can shed some light into that.

May all of you be blessed

Comment

Thanks for your reply; My daughter is 16 years old, she has Down Syndrome which makes everything complex, she has a heart condition where she may need another open heart surgery (she has 2 already) additionally she has tyroid problems, and her Dr. told us she has develop some alzheimers symptoms. She was unable to learn spanish, and because I was deported they came to live with me, but she was never allow in the school system here where I live. even if she was allow there are no programs for Down's children and if they were they are not in English her native language. No insurance will cover her even if have the best insurance here for pre-existing conditions.

My son is 15 he enrolled succesfully in 5th grade at an american like school, for missionare's kids. However he missed 4th grade and then had to repeat 5th grade, he was at that school but one of the condition for enroolment was to became missionares, we couldn't, so last year he was not accpeted back to continue 7th grade. We tried very hard to enroll him in school but the school system here does not recognize the transcripts from the school he attended for 3 years so he can enroll on if goes back to 5th grade, otherwise he can not attend school at all.

My wife has no record of anyhthing, she was giving a waiver I-212 to take my daughter back and forth for medical check ups, but that does not help the fact that neither one of my children can attend school.

One thing people from immigration dont see is how much anti-american feelings people have in this country so my children are treated unfairly and with a high level of discrimination for being americans.

I understand if I can not go back, we like them to go (my wife and children) and I will support them from here, but I honestly feel our situation is very difficult.

Blessings to all.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bsanchez:
                      Thanks for your reply; My daughter is 16 years old, she has Down Syndrome which makes everything complex, she has a heart condition where she may need another open heart surgery (she has 2 already) additionally she has tyroid problems, and her Dr. told us she has develop some alzheimers symptoms. She was unable to learn spanish, and because I was deported they came to live with me, but she was never allow in the school system here where I live. even if she was allow there are no programs for Down's children and if they were they are not in English her native language. No insurance will cover her even if have the best insurance here for pre-existing conditions.

My son is 15 he enrolled succesfully in 5th grade at an american like school, for missionare's kids. However he missed 4th grade and then had to repeat 5th grade, he was at that school but one of the condition for enroolment was to became missionares, we couldn't, so last year he was not accpeted back to continue 7th grade. We tried very hard to enroll him in school but the school system here does not recognize the transcripts from the school he attended for 3 years so he can enroll on if goes back to 5th grade, otherwise he can not attend school at all.

My wife has no record of anyhthing, she was giving a waiver I-212 to take my daughter back and forth for medical check ups, but that does not help the fact that neither one of my children can attend school.

One thing people from immigration dont see is how much anti-american feelings people have in this country so my children are treated unfairly and with a high level of discrimination for being americans.

I understand if I can not go back, we like them to go (my wife and children) and I will support them from here, but I honestly feel our situation is very difficult.

Blessings to all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fully Understand Your situation!!! Yet There are Many Sides and Many More Hardships Of Both Immigrant and USC alike!!!
                      Many are In Difficult Situations!!!! No Country Excluded!!!
                      USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Dear Mr. Sanchez,

Let me first apologize for the delay. I was away on a safari in some remote parts and there is no electricity there to power my computer.

Secondly, I sympathize with your whole family's situation. I think I have some advice that can help your wife and kids, please reply if you are interested by leaving me a private message. I'll get back to you.

May God bless your family.

Comment

If what you say is true, that you were wrongfully convicted, then you need a good criminal appeals attorney to take your case. After success at getting your conviction overturned, which is not impossilble, then you need a good immigration attorney to file your case. Have you contacted groups like the ACLU and National Lawyers Guild. It seems like your case is something they like.

In what state were you convicted and what is the exact statute? What is the other case from your state where the conviction was overturned?

Comment

americanwanabe: Thanks for your reply, I was wondering what happened there, I do not sign on ILW everyday so just checked, however I do not know how to post a private message (apologize for my lack of knowledge) can you please let me know how?

Thanks again

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed