Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anything that can be done?

My husband is an Australian citizen. We were married in 2001 in Australia and in the US. We decided to come to the US to live. He came over a visitor visa and we applied for change of status, and for 4 years constantly completed forms, sent in paperwork, blah blah blah. Last Sept, 2005, my husband returned to Australia to see a sick grandchild (we knew nothing of the "travel visa"). When he wanted to return he couldn't. So we had a Senator manage to get him thru the balance of his proceedings in Sydney. His visa was denied, for a point of law, concerning drugs. He is 66 years old and has one charge of less than "2 grams" MJ and a pipe. In his denial letter he was told there were no waivers or appeals available. How can this be? It isn't like we just got marries. We have been married for almost "6" years. Is this true? I have to just give up my husband like he never existed? Does he get to visit at all? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP....I feel betrayed by my government. I am a US citizen.

My husband is an Australian citizen. We were married in 2001 in Australia and in the US. We decided to come to the US to live. He came over a visitor visa and we applied for change of status, and for 4 years constantly completed forms, sent in paperwork, blah blah blah. Last Sept, 2005, my husband returned to Australia to see a sick grandchild (we knew nothing of the "travel visa"). When he wanted to return he couldn't. So we had a Senator manage to get him thru the balance of his proceedings in Sydney. His visa was denied, for a point of law, concerning drugs. He is 66 years old and has one charge of less than "2 grams" MJ and a pipe. In his denial letter he was told there were no waivers or appeals available. How can this be? It isn't like we just got marries. We have been married for almost "6" years. Is this true? I have to just give up my husband like he never existed? Does he get to visit at all? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP....I feel betrayed by my government. I am a US citizen.

Comment

Well, first off, you misused a visa. He should have come in on k-3 or just I-130, not a visitor visa. They could say that was visa fraud. How did he answer questions when entering on the visitor visa? How long ago was the drug charge? Guess that falls under crimes of moral turpitude? Just an idea, and not meaning to be smart aleck-you don't have to give him up but you may have to live in Australia if you want to live with him.

Comment

Hang in there, and yes our government is out of control. I believe that there is a waiver that you can file to get your husband back, it's an i-601 waiver, immigration2us deals and have couple of approved waivers and also how to write them. Good luck with everything and maybe hopefully we the people of the united states will wake up and stand up for our rights.

Comment

No....my husband DID NOT misuse a visa....we had no intentions of staying here when we came. We only came for my sons wedding....then things happened and we thought it would be better to live here....we did EVERYTHING LEGALLY. This incident happened in 1994.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation