Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advise on approved i485

I have recently got my i485 approved. But over time of processing the role that was initially defined in the paerwork has changed. So today I have a situation that I have my i485 approved, but I do not want to take the job offer as the role defined earlier and now is different and wish to change the employer or go back to my country. At the same time, since I do not wish to take up the job offer, the employer plans to inform USCIS on the job not being valid anymore and that my GC should be revoked.

Please provide guidance on what steps I should take in order to retain my GC and move on to a new job or a different role. Can the employer really revoke the GC on grounds that the job offer was not accepted by me inspite the fact that they changed the role description?

Appreciate any inputs.

I have recently got my i485 approved. But over time of processing the role that was initially defined in the paerwork has changed. So today I have a situation that I have my i485 approved, but I do not want to take the job offer as the role defined earlier and now is different and wish to change the employer or go back to my country. At the same time, since I do not wish to take up the job offer, the employer plans to inform USCIS on the job not being valid anymore and that my GC should be revoked.

Please provide guidance on what steps I should take in order to retain my GC and move on to a new job or a different role. Can the employer really revoke the GC on grounds that the job offer was not accepted by me inspite the fact that they changed the role description?

Appreciate any inputs.

Comment

Once you have your GC, you can work anywhere and move wherever you want to move. You can take the job and then quit if you want to. The employer cannot hold you hostage to the job. Personally, I would take the job and quit when my GC arrived! You may want to get some info from a lawyer - Shouldn't cost much - it is just advice, not paperwork.

Comment

SA_00: Let me guess...you just miraculously discovered that these changes had occurred once the green card had been issued? It seems to me that you simply wanted a green card, and went along with the process until you achieved your goal...and now want to claim that the situation has changed. Why don't you honor your commitment?

Comment

You must either take the job or your employer will revoke their petition. These are your choices.

Comment

Appreciate the feedback, interestingly, the GC process for me took only about 8 months start to end. The role definition evolved over this short period of time, so as you will see not much time to react and jump to another job. I would eventually have moved on to another similar job, but in my case the I485 got approved in a speedy manner and I now have the GC !!

Comment

If you already have the card, then you are free to do what you want. The issue is if the card was not approved yet and you don't take the job.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation