Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanting to live with my girlfriend in Iowa

im a 17 Year old male, i would like to know if i would be able 2 move to the USA to live with a friend in Iowa, i currently live in the UK, her brothers own buisnesses and they would gladly help me out with a job, is there a chance that i would be able to move? if so could you tell me what to do,
    Yours sincerely
    Dave

im a 17 Year old male, i would like to know if i would be able 2 move to the USA to live with a friend in Iowa, i currently live in the UK, her brothers own buisnesses and they would gladly help me out with a job, is there a chance that i would be able to move? if so could you tell me what to do,
    Yours sincerely
    Dave

Comment

First of all, you're gonna need to wait until you turn 18. If you wanna come here to work maybe her brothers can offer you a job contract and you can come here on a H1B visa (valid for a certain amount of time and it's renewable), but if you want to live and stay here permanently you need to marry a US citizen or win the Visa lottery lol which i don't see any of these happening in the near future because you're too young to get married and winning the visa lottery is as slim as hitting the jackpot.

Comment

what about if i went there for a few months (like a holiday) and applied 2 stay over there? or do i need to have a visa before i go 2 Iowa? im kind of confused as to what to do!
        cheers,
        Dave

Comment

Do you really want to go to Iowa?

All there is is corn, as far as the eye can see!
          Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

yes i do want to live there, now if you dont want to try and help me could you stop saying irrelivant things please?
            Dave

Comment

Josephine is right, i just passed through IOWA by train lol, it's just like North Dakota, but anyways, you're a british citizen so you can come here on a 90 days visa waiver program which is a tourist visa. People who come here on a visa waiver program can't adjust status or apply for another visa here, you have to go back to England and do so. This is what i think would work best for you, you're about to turn 18 and need to go to college, well why don't you apply for a 4 year degree at a college here and apply for a student visa, you would get 4 years and would be allowed to work part-time.Then when you complete your degree and find a stable job, it would be your ticket to get your green card.

Comment

hi dave_d

you can always come to USA using your waiver but you will have to go back to UK.... What I would advise you is wait little bit longer ... pass the legal age of marrying your GF...and then do marriage based petition .... That way you will be able to live in US legally with you love....meanwhile you can always visit her....good luck...Pasha

Comment

Corn IS relavant.

He might go there and expect to see buildings or a McDonalds.

Instead, nothing but CORN, that you can't even see over the top of.
                  Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

so i can go on a tourist based visa? and for 3 months, i turn 18 on december the 30th, how would i go about applying for a college there? i plan to go to the US in september time. thanks for all the help so far, anymore would be greatfully appreciated!
                    Dave

Comment

if you come here after filing marriage based petition ... that would be lot easier for you to get into any college as you will have conditional permanent green card.... You can just apply as other USC / permanent residents after coming here...good luck

Comment

if i come on a tourist based visa, how long would i have to come back to the UK for? how long would it take to get a tourist visa?
                        Dave

Comment

I think it's 90 days.... well u dont need to get a visa if you use this visa waiver programme and come here..... of course if you are a Brit... I meant UK citizen...take care...

Comment

Can visa waiver people adjust status by marriage to USC?
                            Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

how do i go about going on a visa waiver programme?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation