Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage Based Interview

I have been doing alot of reading on both various web sites and here, and have one question,,,,,,,, exactly what is needed to be brought with a couple to their ins interview? I have heard joint bank statements (only I have bank account, due to stupidity years ago by my hubby), joint insurance policies (open enrollment for my hubby's companies policy is not till Jan.), we have pics and a video of the wedding ceremony, family photos with the two of us and my (our) children, a rental lease with both our names on it (my maiden name, as the apartment manager will not change it to married name), bills in both our names (married last name), have tried to get name changed on state id, but policies have changed and they will not change my last name (even with showing them marriage cert.) until i have either a SSN or proof from immigration that i am here legally. Any comments or suggestions?

I have been doing alot of reading on both various web sites and here, and have one question,,,,,,,, exactly what is needed to be brought with a couple to their ins interview? I have heard joint bank statements (only I have bank account, due to stupidity years ago by my hubby), joint insurance policies (open enrollment for my hubby's companies policy is not till Jan.), we have pics and a video of the wedding ceremony, family photos with the two of us and my (our) children, a rental lease with both our names on it (my maiden name, as the apartment manager will not change it to married name), bills in both our names (married last name), have tried to get name changed on state id, but policies have changed and they will not change my last name (even with showing them marriage cert.) until i have either a SSN or proof from immigration that i am here legally. Any comments or suggestions?

Comment

You have MORE than enoughg evidence. I just got my marriage petition approved. All they asked were taxes, passports and pictures. The norm is the more you have the less they ask. My wife still goes by her last name and that didnt play a role in the decision made. As long as they believe that the marriage is based on love and not for INS benefits, they will approve it. You should try to read one of my posts "I JUST GOT MY GREEN CARD YESTERDAY,INSPIRING STORY HAVE TO READ"..You will probably find it on page 2 of this site. DOnt pay attention to the other junk in there..But if u need assuring , then my post will help.
      Good luck. You have been approved!

Comment

Ron: Thank you very much for your response, i did read your post,,,,,,,CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation