Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pending 485 and Travel Document - Help Please !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pending 485 and Travel Document - Help Please !

Hi, I would be pleased if you could offer some explanations regarding my partners 485.

Her AOS application is now pending, and she has completed medicals and finger printing. She applied for travel document, but visa officer requested evidence regarding all entries and exits, and any period she had been out of stats.

Between Nov 2001 and July 2002, though she had a work permit and was working, she was technically out of status since she had abandoned her marriage-based application for AOS (by not showing up at INS interviews).

Does this (ie, the fact of being out of status) mean that she would experience difficulties in getting her AP and AOS ?

thanks in advance for your thoughts..

MN

Hi, I would be pleased if you could offer some explanations regarding my partners 485.

Her AOS application is now pending, and she has completed medicals and finger printing. She applied for travel document, but visa officer requested evidence regarding all entries and exits, and any period she had been out of stats.

Between Nov 2001 and July 2002, though she had a work permit and was working, she was technically out of status since she had abandoned her marriage-based application for AOS (by not showing up at INS interviews).

Does this (ie, the fact of being out of status) mean that she would experience difficulties in getting her AP and AOS ?

thanks in advance for your thoughts..

MN

Comment

What type of adjustment is this? She may not be eligible. If her adjustment was denied for abandonment, she would have been accumulating unlawful presence and working illegally. When AOS is terminated, the work card goes bye-bye.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation