Help! Green card holder marry student bf

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem Flexx. In such event, I would strongly urge Helen's bf to exit the country to avoid accruing any illegal stays. Unfortunately, I don't see any other way around it.

Comment

Thanx for all your helps! I guess the only way for him to stay legally is to go back to school... I dont' know if he'll have that much money, but we'll give it a try.
      Thanx again!

Comment

I dont know if you guys will know the answer to this... Can my bf go back to the school where he got his OPT issued under a different program?

Comment

Yes and when he complete one academic year he can qualify for CPT. If the international advisor is nice they may give it to him right away IF he can prove the internship is integral to his program AND that it is normal to start said internship right away.

After he graduates he MAY qualify for another year of OPT BUT ONLY if this degree is a level higher than the last degree. In other words he can not go back for a second bachelors or a second masters and get a second year of OPT.

Many people in immigration limbo become professional students. I was one as a USC. Back then we were called "slackers".

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation