Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about foreign marriages recognized by the USA

The USA recognizes many foreign marriages. Should the USA also recognize a foreign divorce? If so, what law, convention or rule says so? I need to know specifically. In particular, I'm looking for a divorce from Spain to be recognized by Florida. Please help. Thank you.

The USA recognizes many foreign marriages. Should the USA also recognize a foreign divorce? If so, what law, convention or rule says so? I need to know specifically. In particular, I'm looking for a divorce from Spain to be recognized by Florida. Please help. Thank you.

Comment

Is this about someone who wants to remarry in the US and needs to prove their divorce in Spain is recognized here?
      Or is it about someone divorcing a USC in Spain and wanting to know whether its recognized here or not?
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
      1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

if is from a civil entity, should be valid in Florida.

for immigration purposes read this cite 8 CFR section 287.6(b)

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
          Is this about someone who wants to remarry in the US and needs to prove their divorce in Spain is recognized here?
          Or is it about someone divorcing a USC in Spain and wanting to know whether its recognized here or not? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The first one. The divorce was in Spain. Here's the stutation, my ex filed for divorce here in the USA but the marriage was already dissolved in Spain. The marriage originated in Spain too. I'd like to present this to the court in the USA citing a law, convention or rule that says the divorce should be recognized. Thank you.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation