Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCS/LULAC/I687 Notice of decision

I applied for CCS/LULAC in Dec 2005. I did my biometrics in August 2006. USCIS sent me a letter denying my application saying I did not respond to their intent to deny letter. I think they know I have a strong case so they did not even give me a chance. I sent them evidence from school that I have been here since 1981. I also sent them my communication with the former INS between 1982-1988. In the letter they wrote, "You were afforded a period of 30 days to provide further evidence in support of your application. To date there has been no response to our notice." I am the only one who uses my mailbox and never receive intent to deny letter requesting more information. Can anyone advise me what steps I should take? The letter states that, "there is no appeal to this decision."

I applied for CCS/LULAC in Dec 2005. I did my biometrics in August 2006. USCIS sent me a letter denying my application saying I did not respond to their intent to deny letter. I think they know I have a strong case so they did not even give me a chance. I sent them evidence from school that I have been here since 1981. I also sent them my communication with the former INS between 1982-1988. In the letter they wrote, "You were afforded a period of 30 days to provide further evidence in support of your application. To date there has been no response to our notice." I am the only one who uses my mailbox and never receive intent to deny letter requesting more information. Can anyone advise me what steps I should take? The letter states that, "there is no appeal to this decision."

Comment

Can you please tell us about your interivew for css/lulac, what the immigration officer asked you and if they ask for more evidence. which city do you live in? Thanks

Comment

I have not been to an interview yet. I kept checking my status online and the message was that the processing of my case was in progress after my fingerprints. I checked the status today, November 5, 2006, and I am getting the same message. However I got a letter dated October 31 saying that they have denied my case because I did not send them the information they requested on September 28. I have been on top of this and I know they have not sent me any letter for more information. I live in Massachusetts, but the letter came from Lee's Summit in Missouri.

Comment

loveusa
          How did you entered the U.S for the first time and did you leave the U.S and come back between 1982-88? Also did you attend school?

Comment

They do not seem concerned about how I entered the USA the first time, but providing them with more documents to show that I was a class member. I proved to them that I was here before 1982. When one fills the application form, there is an additional sheet to check off to determine if one meets all the requirements. They compare that sheet with the information you add to your application to determine your eligibility. I left the USA for a short time for students visa because the school would not give me foreign students financial aid because of my illegal status in the USA. I attended the school briefly but dropped out because of financial reasons. I attached all those documents to my application form to show that I left the school. I would not have qualified as a class member if I had continued to be legal in the US. I am answering your questions but I need your suggestions as well.

Comment

loveusa?

In your case you are not going to have an interview. You did not even get that far. They have decided that you were out of the USA more than 45 days between Jan 1 1982 and sometime in 1987-1988 when you applied originally.

If you had responded to the intent to deny, you could have requested to see a special master.

Now it's too late for you. Unless you can convince someone that you never received the intent to deny letter. If you can, then see the special master.

The interview: (if you ever get that far)

If the CIS officer likes you, they can overlook things that they could deny you for if they don't like you.

Comment

Unique:
                Thanks for your feedback. I truly did not receive the intent to deny letter. I have invested so much in this and I would never have ignored it.
                I think the intent to deny letter should be sent in a way that makes it traceable. How can we (applicants) be sure that they even sent one? If they found fault with my application, they should be straight forward. Do you or anybody know how to open my case?
                I read in another forum that others are having the same problem: they did not receive the intent to deny letter they should have received. See here: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=20...p=15&highlight=lulac

Comment

loveusa?

I believe you, but convincing the CIS will be more difficult than convincing me.

I very much hate to tell you this but....in the end you may wish you never applied at all. I personally think it's better to be an illegal alien who is unknown to the government, than one who has gone through the process and failed. This is "the BIG risk" for people like us. Sometime doing the right thing, gives you a fatal kick in the teeth!

I myself very much regret applying under the CSS/LULAC settlement. I'm very much worse off because of it.

Read my post "CSS/LULAC NIGHTMARE" very carefully.

Comment

Unique:
                    Generally you are right but I believe otherwise because of the comprehensive immigration reform bill. Know that the senate passed bill Allows illegal immigrants who have been in the country five years or more to remain, continue working and eventually become legal permanent residents and citizens after paying at least $3,250 in fines and fees and back taxes and learning English. If the government knows that one has been here for more than 6 years, it will be to his his/her advantage when the comprehensive immigration reform bill is passed.
                    Know that CCS/LULAC applicants are not deportable according to the settlement unless there is a fraud.

Comment

Andyrishi:
                      Thanks for your input. There was no fraud. What they said was that the evidence I submitted was insufficient to establish eligibility so they were waiting for me to provide more documentation in 30 days and did not hear from me. They did not say that they found problems with my documents. I did not get that letter though. Consequently, they have considered my application as abandoned and therefore have denied my application. I will research form G-639. If it turns out that they did not send it, what do I do? If they sent it and I did not receive it, what do I do? I will still welcome more suggestions.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation