Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procedure for fiancee visa

Can anyone give an outline for the procedure for fiancee visa? I am canadian, my fiancee is in the US. We would like to get married next summer(2006). I understand about the I-129 petition but after that I am lost. What happens once the petition is approved? Can anyone give me a basic step by step? How long does the whole process usally take?

Can anyone give an outline for the procedure for fiancee visa? I am canadian, my fiancee is in the US. We would like to get married next summer(2006). I understand about the I-129 petition but after that I am lost. What happens once the petition is approved? Can anyone give me a basic step by step? How long does the whole process usally take?

Comment

Hi there...

kindly visit thin link....good luck...Pasha

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1faq.htm

Comment

Hi ATJones, I'm in the same boat as you it seems. We've just sent in the forms about a month ago and are waiting for them to be processed. From what I know so far once they are approved you are then able to enter the US but must be married within 90 days from the day you enter. From what we've read once you are married you (or your fiance) must then apply to become a permanent resident at which point you can legally work in the US.

However, we're just beginning our journey and would love to hear from someone who is further into the process. Any help/advice would be great!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation