Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perminent residency

I came to the U.S. uninspected in 1984 from El Salvador when I was 16. In 1991 I married an Am citizen and we have been together continously.I know I have had many opportunities to get my status adjusted, I was stupid not to. But now I want to so I can work legally. I have worked many jobs before that did not require any documents so I saw no need to become documented. Now would like to. What will be procedure? I will also have tax considerations because I have never filed fed or state tax returns.

I came to the U.S. uninspected in 1984 from El Salvador when I was 16. In 1991 I married an Am citizen and we have been together continously.I know I have had many opportunities to get my status adjusted, I was stupid not to. But now I want to so I can work legally. I have worked many jobs before that did not require any documents so I saw no need to become documented. Now would like to. What will be procedure? I will also have tax considerations because I have never filed fed or state tax returns.

Comment

Since you entered without inspection, your only option (I'm not a lawyer) will be to return to your homeland and have your wife file a 601 hardship waiver for you to return. I don't know what percentage of such waivers are approved for El Salvador. Apparently, for Mexico, most are. Check threads on this site for information about the waiver.

Comment

You wouldn't qualify for LULAC SETTLLMENT, I guess, since you weren't here in 1982.

How about Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA 2003) ?
        http://uscis.gov/graphics/services/r...elig_apply.htm

Or this ?? Can't you apply for TPS and adjust later??
        [quote]US Extends Temporary Protected Status for Salvadorans
        06 January 2005

The Bush Administration is extending the period under which nearly 250,000 Salvadorans can remain in the United States while El Salvador continues its recovery from devastating earthquakes in 2001.

U.S. Homeland Security and immigration officials announced Thursday an 18-month extension of the Salvadorans' so-called Temporary Protected Status,.

The move will allow the Salvadorans to continue living and working in the United States from March 9 of this year through September 9, 2006.

Officials say the status is granted to eligible nationals of designated countries suffering the effects of an ongoing armed conflict, environmental disaster or other temporary conditions.

Major earthquakes in January and February 2001 devastated El Salvador and left hundreds of people dead.

Some information for this story provided by AP[end quote]

As Salvadoran did you ever apply for anything?

P.S. General suggestion: talk to attorney.
        You may need a good one for 601 hardship waiver and consular processing in El Salvador, in case you are not eligible for anything else.. ))

Good luck!

Comment

ImortalE--I have never applied for anything since I came to U.S. in 1984.

Comment

Why??? ))))))

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs