Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card based on marriage, arrest, work w/o EAD

First off, I would like to thank all the ignorant 3rd-4th generation immigrants for all the insults and hate posts that I will receive for simply trying to obtain advice on a public forum from fellow immigrants.

Second, I resectfully ask for the opinion/advice from experienced immigrants that have any knowledge about the predicament that I am in.

I am married to an american citizen and will shortly apply for adjustment of status in hope to receive my permanent residence. However I have been arrested twice for public intoxication even thought my case was dismissed and my record expunged and was never convicted. I have also had one or two jobs after my employment authorization expired. My question to all of you is, will I incurr any complications with obtaining my permanent residence and will there be any ramifications? Will I be asked about this at the interview?

Thank you kindly for taking the time to respond and lend a hand.

Sincerely, Titus Pullo

Does not matter that you charges were expunged, INS can still see the charges.

Comment

I am sure there will be complications, part of the process is to prove you are of good moral character, you record casts doubt on this.
      I am sorry but I cannot comment on how INS will view this, but you are gonna have to do some explaining.

Comment

I don't know the answer to your questions, but I know where you can get them.

Laurel Scott is an immigration lawyar that has a free chat at her website every Wedenesday at 11:00am central time. This is her website.

visacentral.net

Comment

Good Evening,

When you will be scheduled for the interview as part of a requirement is to state if you had any previous convictions, and if so what is the status. My opinion is that you should be as truthfull as possible, explain the situation and if the Immigration Officer will be in a good mood, everything will be fine. As far as employment...don't worry about that, nobody will look into that unless you were caught by ICE at a place of work with no docs or if the owner which I doubt will report, made any statements to immigration. Good Luck. By the way in what state are you located, if you are in Florida I can give you some tips and experience from the interview, I just received my PRC.

Comment

What exactly is a "3rd-4th generation immigrant?"

By definition, immigrants are those who are a citizen of one country but live in another country...either legally or (as in the case of BiteMyImmigrantButt) illegally.

Fortunately, we won't have to...er, bite his ImmigrantButt - USCIS will do that on our behalf.

He is obviously too stupid to remain sober, and lacks the intelligence to know that those who are born in America are Americans - the very people among whom he would like the privilege of living in legal status.

Comment

Ramalotti, I am not in Florida but thank you for your advice. I am in one of the states with the DORA program if that narrows it down for you.
              SunDevil, I'm legal (I don't know how you came to your conclussion that I'm illegal). I was also at the lake on a half-a-million dollar boat when some very drunk drunk girl threw a beer can off the boat and all 10 of us got sobriety tested and 4 of us went to jail.
              Does that make it a little bit better for you?
              I think it's interesting that you have a 1055 posts on here but you don't really need or have any immigration advice, yet you linger here...

Comment

Public intoxication is not usually a CIMT, if that's what you're asking. If you have doubts, go see a lawyer, this is not a place to get reliable advice.
                -THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE-

Comment

My two cents:

Even though I was deported already (and far away from the US) I can tell you by experience that ICE see any convictions, crimes, crimes etc, in a very different way. FOr example a guy whom was waiting deportation told me that he only had a charge for non sufficient funds check, the fine was 1 year suspended probation but ICE saw it as a aggravated felony.

my humble opinion.just be very, very careful and may the Lord grant you wisdom

Comment

HA HA HA HA HA you are ILLEGAL until such time you 'adjust your status', plus, you're a DRUNK, a FELON (twice) and like ALL ILLEGALS you worked WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION. Best thing to do is for that ****er who's helping you to kick your immigrant a/s/s/ OUT OF HERE. And yes, your arrest records that you managed to CONCEAL... guess what dumb a/s/s/ HA HA HA HA BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
                    to Rambo and every damm illegal alien in the U.S. GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!! Your own countries are supposed to support you, THEY have an OBLIGATION with you, not us, when will you get it thru your sick skulls. We have MILLIONS of people who SHOULD

Comment

Getting drunk on the street is a misdemeanor you ignorant pr|ck, not a felony.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKOFILLEGALS:
                        HA HA HA HA HA you are ILLEGAL until such time you 'adjust your status', plus, you're a DRUNK, a FELON (twice) and like ALL ILLEGALS you worked WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION. Best thing to do is for that ****er who's helping you to kick your immigrant a/s/s/ OUT OF HERE. And yes, your arrest records that you managed to CONCEAL... guess what dumb a/s/s/ HA HA HA HA BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
                        See, this is Someone12. He knows so much about the "law" because he used to work with immigration, or in law office, or he volunteered. He assisted applicants in filling out their immigration forms - look at his prior old posts. He must have got fired or something because he now HATES all the people HE USED TO HELP!

Comment

Hello There,
                          I hope you now realize you are in the United States of America and not europe where u can drink and be drunk as much as u want on the street lol...

different country,different laws you gotta adopt to that ;-) Otherwise I'd be driving my car like I'd be on a german highway lol,but the chances going then to jail would be high lol

Anyways...you got arrested twice for the same s.h.i.t. that might be a problem,since being intoxicated is a serious thing here,especially if you get arrested for it.
                          To me personally its not a big deal,But..remember,Immigration adn Homeland Security know EVERYHTING...regardless if a case was dropped,never charged etc etc...they have all the files and have excess to anything through the FBI.

Just be honest,the worst thing that could happen is,they would question you and see what kinda person you are etc...
                          I should say, the real worst thing that could happen,deny you. And use the argument,you are not even in the United States and have secure status,and already broke the law,not once but twice.
                          It can get tough...it all depense who views your application and what they think of you.

Bottom line though, you are not a permament resident at all yet...and have been arrested twice....

Might wanna double check with an attorney and a little advice.Gte yourself together,you gotta stop the behavior you are used to from your "old" country,otherwise you'll rui your future here.Honestly!

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BiteMyImmigrantButt:
                            First off, I would like to thank all the ignorant 3rd-4th generation immigrants for all the insults and hate posts that I will receive for simply trying to obtain advice on a public forum from fellow immigrants.

Second, I resectfully ask for the opinion/advice from experienced immigrants that have any knowledge about the predicament that I am in.

I am married to an american citizen and will shortly apply for adjustment of status in hope to receive my permanent residence. However I have been arrested twice for public intoxication even thought my case was dismissed and my record expunged and was never convicted. I have also had one or two jobs after my employment authorization expired. My question to all of you is, will I incurr any complications with obtaining my permanent residence and will there be any ramifications? Will I be asked about this at the interview?

Thank you kindly for taking the time to respond and lend a hand.

Sincerely, Titus Pullo[/QUOTE

Yes, government rep will ask you about it.Prepare to explain.If you have drinking problem - join AA! This way you will look really good, that you understand your mistakes and working on them.

Comment

sesaria, AA - good idea

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs