Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I 485 processing time at NYC district is now June 11/2001? WHATTTTT??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 485 processing time at NYC district is now June 11/2001? WHATTTTT??

just check the uscis.gov website (updated on april 15/2004)and they show NYC local office is doing I 485 case with receipt on June 11 /2001...

Let's hope this is a typo....they were doing March 2003 the last update.....

Now it will make sense if they are doing June 11/2003....i know some guy got interview scheduled this june with receipt date of sept 2002

just check the uscis.gov website (updated on april 15/2004)and they show NYC local office is doing I 485 case with receipt on June 11 /2001...

Let's hope this is a typo....they were doing March 2003 the last update.....

Now it will make sense if they are doing June 11/2003....i know some guy got interview scheduled this june with receipt date of sept 2002

Comment

That's insane!

Comment

Why do people never listen to me? I TOLD everyone weeks ago that the MSC was supposed to put all the files transferred from NYC in order by filing date and that if they did that the date would probably move backwards. It's not a typo. One consolation is that there may only be a few cases with the June 2001 date. If that's the case then it might move quickly but you have to post the oldest date on the website....June 2001.

Comment

we never doubt you or your words, Bronzelady because you are the only one seems to have the inside and correct information.Your answer makes lots of sense.

What else can one explain the sudden backward move? Seems like MSC starting to have things in order.

The only consolation for us now is that those date means squash and it taking 2 years for an interview

Comment

BronzeLady... I agree with andy, I just think the method of reporting the processing times from the NYC office itself is misleading if you haven't suggested the reasons you mentioned above.

We DO listen to you My-Lady! .

Comment

Thanks guys. I wasn't being that serious about people not listening to me. I have to say, though, last year when the numbers changed 5/01 (where it had been for awhile) to 9/01 my immediate reaction was "What happened to June, July and August??????" Then it moved to 2/02 and I was really skeptical!

At the time, NYC was receiving about 3000 new AOS applications a month and they were scheduling 150 - 200 a day? Do the math...4 days of interviews at 200 is 800 a week and 3200 a month. No way the numbers could have moved 3 months from month to month.I kept waiting for the rollback. MSC, at least, is allowing them to finally have accurate numbers.

Comment

My i-485 priority is June 5, 2001. I haven't received AOS letter for interview yet. I was fingerprinted for i-485 Jan 17, 2004.

Comment

sorry, some typo.... i mean June 5, 2002.

Comment

Paula Wow!
                    I feel lucky, because I filed my AOS in NYC with 22 September 2002 as a priority date and my interview date is on 02 June 2004! I was fingerprinted on 07 january 2004.
                    Just be patient, unless your case is getting complicated along the bureaucracy you should get your interview letter pretty soon!

Comment

lucky you.... i'm thinking maybe mine was delayed because i transferred it from work-based petition under 245-i to marriage-based. Anyway, i'm hoping that i will get an interview letter soon for June coz it will be 2 years by then. (haven't been home in 6 years , ****s!)

Comment

Kalla,

If I were you, I would postpone your interview, until September, because otherwise you will be granted a conditional green card...

Comment

Aquila you are actually touching a point that concerns me a lot. I wanted to know if the date on teh GC is the date of the day you get approved (interview date) or the date the GC is processed?
                          At the same time I can't take the chance to postpone my interview as I don't know what can happend in between ( My cousin postponed his naturalization interview back in 2001 because he was going to be abroad on a business trip..in between the World trade Center tragedy happened and it took him more than 8 months to be rescheduled!), and how it will be interpreted by CIS..I'd rather go ahead with the conditional GC.

Comment

The date of approval is not the interview date. It is whatever day the officer affixes an approval stamp to the AOS application. If he/she does it on the interview date then it is the interview date.....if not it is whatever day they do it. The day your green card is produced has nothing to do with that.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation