Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please

my labor certification has been revoked due to my job termination.

i have been under h1b more than six years and because there is no labor cert. pending i can't extend it with another job.

One option is to leave for 12 months and start a fresh h1b clock prior to January 2005, when my i-94 expires.

any ideas as to what other options i have to legally be present here? the reason i need to stay here is a USC 5-year-old daughter who lives with her non-immigrant mother.

my labor certification has been revoked due to my job termination.

i have been under h1b more than six years and because there is no labor cert. pending i can't extend it with another job.

One option is to leave for 12 months and start a fresh h1b clock prior to January 2005, when my i-94 expires.

any ideas as to what other options i have to legally be present here? the reason i need to stay here is a USC 5-year-old daughter who lives with her non-immigrant mother.

Comment

J-1, F-1, B1/2, L, O visas??

Comment

thank you Lucy for replying.
        can i change status to one of those visas you mentioned especially the tourist one without going outside the US?

Comment

You wouldn't be able to get an L visa as a) you obviously don't currently work for a multinational company outside the USA and b) I believe that the time accrued in H-1 status has to also be applied to an L-1 status.
          I also believe that you are now currently out of status as your job has finished, and although you have 6 months to leave before any problems begin, you will have to leave the US to get any new visa.

People feel free to correct me on this.

Comment

Sorry about the L visa note. I was just thinking - work visa... I do not know about a change of status from H1, so I can't help you on that one. Seems if you were in status right now, you could go for a change of status as opposed to leaving the U.S. and getting a visa.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation