X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bushmaster
    replied
    I will file that soon, along with my naturalization, N-400 should not be tied to I-751, they should adjudicate them together.

Leave a comment:

• nipa
    replied
    IS your 751 pending bushmaster??

Leave a comment:

• Bushmaster
    replied
    <<<However, the applicant may still be able to natz under 329.>>>

NOT maybe, the applicant is able to natz under 329 because the EO is still active. If INS gives you trouble about that, you can push the issue through your chain of command which my friend did it. His natz application was sent back saying he didn't remove conditions, JAG looked into the matter and now he is going for his natz interview.

Leave a comment:

• Bushmaster
    replied
    Hello there,

I am currently serving in the United States Army and I am a conditional resident, also currently I am working on gathering up my naturalizarion application together which I got stuck at fingerprints today, MPs really don't know much about how INS is very picky about the fingerprints, they smudged my prints all over, so I have to wait 2 weeks to get them again, since you can do it only once a week and next week I am in the field. Next time I am going to ask them to print my own fingerprints.

If you have questions about joining the military with a greencard, let me know.

Leave a comment:

• nipa
    replied
    Thank you very much old man. Appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Old Man
    replied
    INA 216- conditional LPR
    INA 316- general naturalization requirements
    INA 328- one year military service & LPR
    INA 329- active duty during period of conflict and LPR or physical presence in US at enlistment

8 CFR 329.2 "(c) Satisfies the permanent residence requirement in one of the following ways:

(1) Any time after enlistment or induction into the Armed Forces of the United States, the applicant was lawfully admitted to the United States as a permanent resident; or

(2) At the time of enlistment or induction, the applicant was physically present in the geographical territory of the United States, the Canal Zone, American Samoa, Midway Island (prior to August 21, 1959), or Swain's Island, or in the ports, harbors, bays, enclosed sea areas, or the three-mile territorial sea along the coasts of these land areas, whether or not the applicant has been lawfully admitted to the United States as a permanent resident;"

For conditional LPRs, to ensure that the alien was properly admitted, the officer can require an I-751. This isn't spelled out in the statutes for naturalization, but it is in INA 216 and inferred through policy for natz. If they think the marriage was a sham, then there is no LPR status, then the applicant can not naturalize under 328. However, the applicant may still be able to natz under 329.

Leave a comment:

• nipa
    replied
    Dejavultd

Did you find more about your situation??? I am in the same boat. My I-751 is pending and I am in army. I m not sure if i am eligible or not.

Leave a comment:

• Dastur
    replied
    Old Man: Will appreciate if you refer to the section of law to support your post of June 21, 2005. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Old Man
    replied
    Bushmaster, where are you? Tell them how it's going.

You can file anytime you are in active military service. There is no residence/physical presence requirement (other than being an LPR to enlist) when applying for the military expedited naturalization. However, the officer approving your naturalization can require an I-751 if you are a conditional resident.

Leave a comment:

• Dejavultd
    replied
    Once u join with a conditional greencard how does it work. Do i still have to file I-751 or i can file for citizenship directly after being 1 year in the service?

Leave a comment:

• Dejavultd
    replied
    I just love this country and willing to die for it if necessary. I am joining not because i want to be a citizen i am joining to advance my career and my experience and i feel that the US army can give me that!

Leave a comment:

• Adam
    replied
    Lionround: You may want to Know:

As per Sec. 329 (2) at any time subsequent to enlistment or induction such person shall have been lawfully admitted to the United Stes for permanent residence. No period of service in the Armed Forecs shall be made the basis of a application for naturalization under this section

Leave a comment:

• Lionround
    replied
    Some interesting things you may want to know:

1. Non US Citizens cannot become an office no matter what your degree; however, after you get your citizenship you can apply for officer status.
    2. You cannot join enlisted unless you have a GC.
    3. Go to goarmy.com and you can chat with a recruiter online.
    4. For your education, you need to be evaluated to determine your status.
    5. The military cannot help you get a GC.
    6. Any foreign national who serves in the US military will be automatically eligible for US citizenship.
    7. Non US citizens cannot hold a security clearance and thus cannot serve aboard a submarine among other things.
    8. They waive the $350 application fee.

Leave a comment:

• mobis
    replied
    Yea, America is a great country, but, please don't join the military just for papers. It is getting pretty rough out there. After Irag then north Korea and so on. so please think twice, it takes more than that to be one of the greatest soldier in the world.

Leave a comment:

• Native
    replied
    This is the forum for what you want there but you can't get to it until you join the site.

http://forums.military.com:80/eve/ub...hip&s=78919038

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed