X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about AR-11

Hi Mike, 4now and some other friends;

how are you? i have a question about AR-11.

I got my P.R. card (for 10 years) and i just moved to Philadelphia because i found a job here. I moved here permanently.

guys; do i need to fill out AR-11 and send to the DHS? if yes where do i find the form and where do i send it? is it free or there is some fees? can i file online? i'm thinking to apply for citizenship after a year.

please guys give me some clue! Thanks!

Hi Mike, 4now and some other friends;

how are you? i have a question about AR-11.

I got my P.R. card (for 10 years) and i just moved to Philadelphia because i found a job here. I moved here permanently.

guys; do i need to fill out AR-11 and send to the DHS? if yes where do i find the form and where do i send it? is it free or there is some fees? can i file online? i'm thinking to apply for citizenship after a year.

please guys give me some clue! Thanks!

Comment

hi bardan how r u and welcome back .well at this point you dont have to inform the uscis , go ahead and do this when you decide to file the N-400 . yes you can find the form at www.uscis.gov under immigration forms and its the first form ,and its free,or u can just go to your local office and fill it out there ,and i dont think you can file it online no , either fill it out at the local office and give it to them or you send it to the address on the form . the form will tell you where to mail it . good luck

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mike_2007:
        well at this point you dont have to inform the uscis , go ahead and do this when you decide to file the N-400 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
        The law still requires that you report any change of address within 10 days of move.

for on-line change go to
        https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa

Furthermore, if sponsor moves, he/she should send in "change of address" as well... but I keep forgeting what form is that. Anybody?

Comment

Hi Bardan-basu, nice to see you again

Glad you finally got that card through safely

I wanted to let you know something in case you didn't realise.
          You can only apply for Citizenship 90 days prior to 3 yr anniversary since you received your Green card based on marriage.

Once you separate or divorce anytime right up to the Oath ceremony, I am afraid you will not be able to Naturalize based on marriage.

What happens is that you will now have to wait until another 2 yrs. So you won't be able to apply for Citizenship until 90 days prior to 5th anniversary since receiving your Green card.

I hope that makes sense.

Aneri is right you do need to inform USICS of any change of address within 10 days of moving.
          I would change it soon.

Good luck with your new job and move, hope everything turns out well for you
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
          1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

nope,this is not for him aneri , the 2 years green card holders are the ones who have to inform the immigratiom when they move. once you get your 10 years green card you dont have case with them anymore .

Comment

Thanks mike, Aneri and Sprint_girl07! i'm still a lil bit confused whether i'd have to file AR-11 or not. guys how can I make sure that whether i'd have to fill out and send it to the DHS or not?

Comment

bardan, you must inform the uscis when you move but only if you have a pending case with them, why would you have to inform them if you have nothing to do with them? but just for you to feel better just go ahead and go to your local office and fill up the form and give it to them and thats it. you wont have to worry about it anymore

Comment

the conditional green card holders are the ones who must inform the uscis but think about it, once you get your 10 green card they wont contact you anymore, you have no case unless if you file for citizen then they will need your new address of course but go ahead and change it just to make your self feel better

Comment

Mike, sorry but Aneri is correct, regardless of whether you are conditional or not. Until we become Citizens we have to by law inform USCIS of our change of address even if we have a 10 yr green card.
                    The Sponsor also has to inform USCIS.

It is so they know where we are, and they also compare it to the N-400 when we apply for it.

I have it on paper that I have to inform them, and if you look at the USCIS site it tells you there too.
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Important Green Card and Visa Holder Change of Address Information: It is a misdemeanor crime to willfully fail to provide the USCIS with a written notice of address change (Form AR-11) within 10 days after remaining in the United States for 30 days or more. Individuals being convicted, including the parent or the legal guardian of an alien under age 14 who is required to give notice, can be fined up to $200 or imprisoned up to 30 days or a combination of both. Individuals may also be deported from the United States, ref. INA § 266(b). The United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) run a "Special Registration" program where individuals from certain countries go through additional security steps to confirm their change of address while in the United States. Nationalities and procedures are included in this information guide.

Notice of Change of Address applies to:

* Nonimmigrant Visa Holders (visas such as F-1, H-1B, etc.)
                      * Green Card Holders (permanent United States residents)

Providing the USCIS with your change of address is not a separate requirement, but it is a condition of a requirement of an individual's stay in the United States. Visitors who do not comply with the change of address requirement during their stay in the United States will be considered "Out of Status". The consequences of being out of status can lead to arrest, detention, fines, and/or removal from the United States. Future visa applications to enter the United States may also be impacted.

The purpose of the National Security Entry-Exit Registration System, which was put in place after September 11, 2001, is to keep a track record of those entering and leaving the United States. NSEERS was the first step taken by the Department of Justice and then by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in order to comply with the development of the Congressionally-mandated requirement for a comprehensive entry-exit program.

http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/addresschange.html

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/ar-11.pdf

USCIS: All non-U.S. citizens (aliens) who are required to be registered are also required to keep the USCIS informed of their current address.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb9...CM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs