Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mohan & Atwitsend /// Need opinion

Thankyou for your earlier opinions. Please advice that AOS through marriage base is my best option or put myself in depotation hearing. Will paying for a USC for his college (no related to me) be applicable as a dependant that would cause extreme hardship of my leaving the US. Also what are the chances of Cancellation of Removal if I take this course and how long is the process to AOS.

Atwitsend please keep me posted on any new developments as our cases are almost alike as I will do the same. Also any good advice on immigration lawyers in or around Atlanta area. Thanks....

I am a British citizen who has resided in the US with no status since 1991. I have no criminal records in this country. I am not married and do not qualify for adjustment of status through profession. I do not have any dependants or family in the US. I was lawfully admitted with a student visa (F-1) in the fall of 1991. I did not graduate from college. I have paid all State and Federal income taxes for the last 6 years.

United States is the only home I have. I have made a life for my self here and would like the opportunity to settle down here for good and proceed with my personal career goals. I am very frustrated with living in fear for the last 14 years.

I request your professional opinion regarding my situation and the possibility if any for adjusting my current status to that of a lawful abiding resident of the United States of America. Looking forward to your response.

Thankyou for your earlier opinions. Please advice that AOS through marriage base is my best option or put myself in depotation hearing. Will paying for a USC for his college (no related to me) be applicable as a dependant that would cause extreme hardship of my leaving the US. Also what are the chances of Cancellation of Removal if I take this course and how long is the process to AOS.

Atwitsend please keep me posted on any new developments as our cases are almost alike as I will do the same. Also any good advice on immigration lawyers in or around Atlanta area. Thanks....

I am a British citizen who has resided in the US with no status since 1991. I have no criminal records in this country. I am not married and do not qualify for adjustment of status through profession. I do not have any dependants or family in the US. I was lawfully admitted with a student visa (F-1) in the fall of 1991. I did not graduate from college. I have paid all State and Federal income taxes for the last 6 years.

United States is the only home I have. I have made a life for my self here and would like the opportunity to settle down here for good and proceed with my personal career goals. I am very frustrated with living in fear for the last 14 years.

I request your professional opinion regarding my situation and the possibility if any for adjusting my current status to that of a lawful abiding resident of the United States of America. Looking forward to your response.

Comment

The Siskind Susser law firm (Gregory Siskind, Lynn Susser, both of Memphis, TN) is quite renowned, and they have branch offices in Atlanta. Keep your options open - I am doing a nationwide search for a good, experienced attorney, not just one who practices in my neck of the woods.

You may have heard the name Carl Shusterman bandied about in this forum (he's in Los Angeles, CA). He has a very good reputation, especially in health care field. I talked to him some two weeks ago – but he had no solutions to offer for my dilemma. Just FYI since our situation seems to be very similar.

I was going to look into http://www.superlawyers.com/ for you but their site is currently down. I don't know if they have Atlanta listings.

Will definitely keep you informed, stay tuned on this board. If something comes up, I'll share it in general here, not necessarily addressed to you personally (by your ID name).

I'm not giving up. There has to be a solution. There has to be. There has to be. Good luck to you – and me!

Comment

This is a very interesting thread... Please keep us posted... I myself am interedted in the outcome.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation