Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-751 Remove Conditions on Residence HELP PLEASE! :)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-751 Remove Conditions on Residence HELP PLEASE! :)

Hi all...

We are fast approaching the 90 day window to apply to remove the conditions of residence for my wife.

We were thinking about paying a paralegal to help us with our package, but their fee is $700, and the only way I can swing that is to go into debt on a high interest credit card. I just don't have this kind of money right now.

As it is we still have to come up with the $545 USCIS fee.

The thing is we would like peace of mind - to have "professionals" do it.

When my wife got her initial green card she was denied at first, because I had lost my job...and our paralegal at the time failed to advise us to get a cosponsor. I got the cosponsor's paperwork to the counter at the Garden City USCIS by the deadline that the woman gave us, but they probably screwed up and did not deliver it to the person that was doing our case. It was an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE trying to get them to acknowledge that we gave them the cosponsor's paperwork in time and get them to reverse there decision.

We DON'T want to go through ANYTHING like that again.

But we cannot really afford to pay for a paralegal this time.

BESIDES THAT, my father INSISTS that if I'm careful it should be a piece of cake to fill out the form and compile everything we need anyway. He actually finds it kind of foolish that I am not just doing this myself.

Is it true? Is it easy to fill out this / these forms and compile / organize all required things ourselves?

Does anyone have a checklist of sorts, or an excellent website they can recommend with a perfect checklist for everything needed with the I-751?

Taxes - do they require state taxes or just transcripts of our joint Federal taxes?

Any and all help would be TREMENDOUSLY appreciated!

Hi all...

We are fast approaching the 90 day window to apply to remove the conditions of residence for my wife.

We were thinking about paying a paralegal to help us with our package, but their fee is $700, and the only way I can swing that is to go into debt on a high interest credit card. I just don't have this kind of money right now.

When my wife got her initial green card she was denied at first, because I had lost my job...and our paralegal at the time failed to advise us to get a cosponsor. I got the cosponsor's paperwork to the counter at the Garden City USCIS by the deadline that the woman gave us, but they probably screwed up and did not deliver it to the person that was doing our case. It was an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE trying to get them to acknowledge that we gave them the cosponsor's paperwork in time and get them to reverse there decision.

BESIDES THAT, my father INSISTS that if I'm careful it should be a piece of cake to fill out the form and compile everything we need anyway. He actually finds it kind of foolish that I am not just doing this myself.

Is it true? Is it easy to fill out this / these forms and compile / organize all required things ourselves?

Does anyone have a checklist of sorts, or an excellent website they can recommend with a perfect checklist for everything needed with the I-751?

Taxes - do they require state taxes or just transcripts of our joint Federal taxes?

Comment

Click here, Tim. These are the step-by-step guidelines for filing the I-751. Good luck to you and your wife.

Comment

Thanks a lot man...I'm gonna look that over now.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timmy_d11:
          Thanks a lot man...I'm gonna look that over now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ouch...ProudUSC has now be officially transformed by Coexist. Hey Proud you can coexist as two s e x es now.
          If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
            Click here, Tim. These are the step-by-step guidelines for filing the I-751. Good luck to you and your wife. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Holy Mother Lord...This is the same guy who was bad mouthing you in the past. He is dirt bag illegal finding a way in by exploiting you. Here is the link before he deletes it, I will ***p it up.

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/902603441/m/1...10404931#32310404931

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timmy_d11:
              Hi all...

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey fraudster isn't this such a **** S$it you are talking about. You have been on this forum for quite a while and know you are acting like a pimp of being scared of getting caught of your wrong doing.

Comment

Why was your wife's first green card denied?
                Did she reaply for GC?

Comment

Thanks a lot man...I'm gonna look that over now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be 'maam' instead of man and you are quite welcome. Hope it helps.

Comment

ProudUSC has gone through some kind of positive transformation since she was first here - we're cool now!

By the way, I'm a US citizen by birth and a veteran so show some respect!

cristina, my wife was initially denied because I lost my job and told them that, when asked, at our interview. But it's more complex than that. The lady gave us a few days to get a cosponsor and all required paperwork - and I got it to the USCIS PREMISES in time, but the a$$#ole at the counter refused to let us see the lady we did the interview with, and PROMISED to forward the paperwork to her. I'm CERTAIN the guy F'd it up and did not forward it in time, causing interviewer to decline my wife. It took MONTHS and many visits to USCIS to get them to make it right - while my wife was essentially stuck here while her Mom was VERY sick in Colombia. They FINALLY corrected what I consider their mistake - even though they said that EVEN WITH a cosponsor they could decline me since I was unemployed at the time. My wife got her green card and went to Colombia and her mother died of cancer within 3 weeks.

We also had what I think was a LAZY paralegal, who did not suggest a cosponsor when I informed her that I lost my job. Perhaps she did not want to do extra paperwork and was hoping that I would just play it as if I still had my job at the interview. But I am honest, especially when it comes to the government, and I made it clear to her that I would not lie about my employment situation if I was asked about it. She SHOULD have known we would need a cosponsor before our interview. Eventually she helped us scramble to get our cosponsor's paperwork together by the deadline they gave us at the USCIS, but I just told you how that turned out.

Comment

Are you in NY?
                      I know AV rated immigration attorney in tristate area, was recognized as top 5% in 2006 and 2008.
                      But, aside from ratings, I can personally attest that you will hardly find an attorney as honest and competent as him nowdays.
                      It won't cost you much to hire his services.
                      If interested let me know, I would PM you his office address and phone #.

Good luck
                      http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Yes, I am Westchester County.

Yeah, the fee that is being charged ($700) at the place we are currently in touch with is quite outrageous. Especially when you consider they are doing many of these and could probably do them in their sleep.

All they do is basically sit down with us, very briefly, a few times, tell us EXACTLY what we need to give them, fill out ONE (?) form, compile and check off what we give them, and charge us $700???

What does your guy charge?

Comment

You people, though obviously not all, talk WAY more about bull$#!t here than you do what this website was designed for. This place really needs a monitor or two.

Anyone know of a more serious immigration related forum in which I can go get REAL information and have to sift through FAR LESS nonsense to find it?

Comment

Yes, I am Westchester County.

Yeah, the fee that is being charged ($700) at the place we are currently in touch with is quite outrageous. Especially when you consider they are doing many of these and could probably do them in their sleep.

All they do is basically sit down with us, very briefly, a few times, tell us EXACTLY what we need to give them, fill out ONE (?) form, compile and check off what we give them, and charge us $700???

What does your guy charge? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He is not "my guy", in case you are asking about an immigratiopn attorney I was mentioning.
                            What he charges depends on how much work he has to do on your behalf and that can only be determined when you tell him what your issue is.
                            They used to charge $75 for an hour of consultation, very low fee for an AV rated attorney and one who is not an overrated sleazebag but one who will really take time, listen, analyze and suggest you the best possible course of action, with 30+ years of experience in Courtrooms and filing all kind of petitions for their clients.

If you want to visit a moderated forum where they have lots of threads concerning specific immigration issues then I suggest you to visit the forum at www.immigration.com

Good luck
                            http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

You people, though obviously not all, talk about WAY more about bull$#!t here than you do what this website was designed for. This place really needs a monitor or two.

Anyone know of a more serious immigration related forum in which I can go get REAL information and have to sift through FAR LESS nonsense to find it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Tim,

immigrate2us.net is a good forum with nice people. I've also found good information on visajourney.com (although, I don't look at the discussion forum on that one - just the information). My brother-in-law is going through AOS right now with his wife and I pulled the information from visajourney and he was able to file all the paperwork without using an attorney.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation