Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Between a rock and a hard stone?

I am so frustrated by the bureaucracy that we have to deal with. I got a letter from BCIS asking me for additional info for my Adjustment of Status application. They are asking me to provide them with a letter of good conduct from the local police departments(s) that I have lived in the past 5 years in order for them to proceed further with the process. I took that letter to Park Ridge, Illinois' police department (I lived there the first half of 2001) and the chief of police told me that they could do these letters only for current residents??????? The Federal Government is clearly asking for that in the letter and the local government is declining to provide the letter. The chief of police told me that he would make an exception only if I bring him some kind of proof that I lived there in 2001???? They are the police they should know that I lived there, besides I am not asking for the neighbor's information it's for myself. I don't have anything with that address anymore, does any of you guys have and idea what kind of proof and from where I can get it, so I can take it to that *%#&% in Park Ridge, he told me it has to be "official"?

I am so frustrated by the bureaucracy that we have to deal with. I got a letter from BCIS asking me for additional info for my Adjustment of Status application. They are asking me to provide them with a letter of good conduct from the local police departments(s) that I have lived in the past 5 years in order for them to proceed further with the process. I took that letter to Park Ridge, Illinois' police department (I lived there the first half of 2001) and the chief of police told me that they could do these letters only for current residents??????? The Federal Government is clearly asking for that in the letter and the local government is declining to provide the letter. The chief of police told me that he would make an exception only if I bring him some kind of proof that I lived there in 2001???? They are the police they should know that I lived there, besides I am not asking for the neighbor's information it's for myself. I don't have anything with that address anymore, does any of you guys have and idea what kind of proof and from where I can get it, so I can take it to that *%#&% in Park Ridge, he told me it has to be "official"?

Comment

Dear Additional Informant: follow the rules, dip$hit - if you don't like them, leave my country tomorrow....I promise you, nobody will miss you. OBEY OUR LAWS.

Comment

How about trying the Secretary of State Department of Motor Vehicle for a copy of your drivers' license, auto registration or auto title history.
        The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Are you Moslem?

Comment

Dear Someone 12, does the number 12 represent your age or your IQ? Could you please clarify which laws I should obey, the federal or the local, because clearly in my situation both are contradicting each other? The federal is asking the local for verification and the local is declining to provide it. Michael to answer your question I am not Muslim- I am a Christian European.

Comment

YOU MUST OBEY ALL OUR LAWS !!!! OBEY OBEY OBEY !!! THIS IS NOT EUROPE ! THIS IS A CIVILIZED COUNTRY !!!!

Comment

What law? There is no law that states you cannot request police clearance from where you have previously lived. I would request a letter signed from the police chief denying my request for the search. And then I would take it to his boss and submit it to USCIS. I would also hire a lawyer (short term) to request the letter. Usually the search is done for a small fee.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation