Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timmy_d11 is my HERO

Timmy, I hope that you will stay much longer on the forum as a viable voice of the "pro's." At least you just mess around with the "anti's" unlike them that do the messing with everyone.
    Proud Fil-Am!

Timmy, I hope that you will stay much longer on the forum as a viable voice of the "pro's." At least you just mess around with the "anti's" unlike them that do the messing with everyone.
    Proud Fil-Am!

Comment

Thank you for your gracious response. In fairness to timmey, he also never posted anything against immigrants (legal or illegal). If he's pro-immigration and very passionate and articulate (even vulgar) about it, I'll give it to him because that may simply be his natural way and style. But as you can see, he's very much against our porous borders, but in the same breath it doesn't mean that he condones the flow of illegal immigrants resulting from it either. It's a matter of perspective, I guess. It's a matter of being disgusted on the "why it's happening" but not on "who" are falling into the cracks.

Again, I appreciate your cordiality. You could even easily become one of my friends, especially if you'll happen to change your mind........
      Proud Fil-Am!

Comment

sorry, but timmy couldn't find our borders with a six man search party. He has not posted a single coherent reply, offered a single solution to the current massive problem of illegal immigration and only appears to want to dissuade those of us who are patriotic from sharing our views, ideas and opinions with the uninformed.

Comment

This time I'll speak for myself as well. I agree with all what you said. Laws are made to be respected, to be followed and it's not right not to abide by them, or to break them, or simply go against them in any way. It's ideal to always play by the rules, to do otherwise is wrong. No excuses - it's simply bad. This is a universal truth. But in my own personal view, immigration to the US goes beyond these principles.

I grew up in a certain "third-world" country, that incidentally has very close ties with the US for more than a century. We love everything American: goods, music, fashion, lifestyle, even people in our government snoop on US government's new bills in Congress and Senate to pattern after, or one small political party in the 80's pushed for our country's US statehood. When Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher went public, maybe around four "the same" couples emerged from our movie industry. There was a recent survey of elementary school children as to what they want to be when they grow up - No. One in the list: TO GO TO AMERICA.

This doesn't excuse that my people actually do everything in pursuit of such a dream in whatever possible means, legal or illegal. I'm not saying that, nor do I say all this to offer a justification or an excuse. What I'm more inclined to express is the moral aspect of it all. Employment and Family Unity are the foremost reasons.

Circumstances may be different, but the phenomenon remains unchanged, that due to your country's successes, in stark contrast to the failings of my own, many came here and many more will follow, not to bring pain to the American people but to honestly contribute to your further greatness and to improve their own.

Waves upon waves of peoples from many, many countries around the world are attracted explicitly or implicitly to your systems, your ideals, and your dreams.

America should be proud of it. We have been under Spain much longer, nobody wants to go to Spain...... where is that?????
          Proud Fil-Am!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
            sorry, but timmy couldn't find our borders with a six man search party. He has not posted a single coherent reply, offered a single solution to the current massive problem of illegal immigration and only appears to want to dissuade those of us who are patriotic from sharing our views, ideas and opinions with the uninformed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AND STOP SAYING YOU ARE patriotic - you're just a bigoted moron waving a flag.

We may have an illegal problem but I put less than 50% of the blame on them and I DON'T call them "dirtbags" and I'm smart enough, UNLIKE YOU, to know that they are not going back, and I am compassionate enough, UNLIKE YOU, to not even consider rounding them up with S.W.A.T. teams - as I am sure YOU would.

So just grow a brain and be a little more kind when you talk about people and you might fit into society better.

Comment

If you're placing less than 50% of the blame of illegal immigration on illegals, timmy, whom do you blame the greater than 50% share on?

And just in case you didn't notice, librada was on your side. He just displayed it in a more civilized postings.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marmaduk:
                If you're placing less than 50% of the blame of illegal immigration on illegals, timmy, whom do you blame the greater than 50% share on?

And just in case you didn't notice, librada was on your side. He just displayed it in a more civilized postings. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you left your door wide open in the summer time, would you blame what found it's way into your house, or yourself for leaving your door wide open?

And about librada - I just realized that in one of his/her earlier postings so I deleted my nasty message and I apologize.

Laws are there for a reason, but if people don't feel like they are hurting anyone they will continue to break them.

Me personally, I don't see breaking the law of coming into America without permission as a major crime - and I really do believe that most of those that do are racists - if Anna Kournikova lookalikes were coming across by the millions A LOT LESS people would have such a problem with illegal immigration.

Comment

wow Timmy you big donkey, those words were pearls of wisdom. Please explain to me how being against illegal immigration is racism..........it has absolutely nothing to do with racist you ignornant t-u-r-d. There is not a single person on this website that is against LEGAL immigration, yet to prevent the discussion on illegal immigration liberals like you throw out the racism card so that your real agenda can be hidden.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And about librada - I just realized that in one of his/her earlier postings so I deleted my nasty message and I apologize. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry about that, Timmy. By the way, it's a "her." I like you and your views and it will take a lot to change that. On the other hand, I just as deeply respect the strong opinions of those that run counter to yours (ours). They've also got their own solid foundations of their arguments. Either here or in my country of origin, it's called DEMOCRACY IN ACTION. That in essence what makes America great, and my country of origin........ well, never mind.
                    Proud Fil-Am!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paddy:
                      wow Timmy you big donkey, those words were pearls of wisdom. Please explain to me how being against illegal immigration is racism..........it has absolutely nothing to do with racist you ignornant t-u-r-d. There is not a single person on this website that is against LEGAL immigration, yet to prevent the discussion on illegal immigration liberals like you throw out the racism card so that your real agenda can be hidden. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's my real agenda you moron?

I throw out the racism card because most people that are so strongly against illegal immigration are so because they are Mexicans. I never hear your hero referring to a Canadian as a "dirtbag" or "unshowered" or insinuating that their gene pool is no good.

No, the reason he feels this way, and he knows it and I know it, is because we're talking about Mexicans, Hondurans, Nicaraguans, Guatemalens, Ecuadorians, Panamanians, El Salvadorians etc.

And librada, you ought not be so respectful and tolerant of idiots since you seem to know better.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you left your door wide open in the summer time, would you blame what found it's way into your house, or yourself for leaving your door wide open? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So timmy, if I left my door open or forget to lock it, it's my fault if a thief comes in and steal all of my stuff? Do you really think the thief can escape jail time by simply saying "but the door was open/wasn't locked!!!" ??
                        Even if my door wasn't locked, there wouldn't be any harm done until a thief decide to perform the criminal act.

Also in this thread you're saying that our government is more to blame for the lack of immigration control, but on a different thread you told me specifically to:
                        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Get a life and let our government take care of it. It's their job and NOT yours after all." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, which one is it timmy?? You're blaming the govt for illegal immigration yet you told others who argue against illegal immigration to stay out and let the govt to do their job.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timmy_d11:
                          What's my real agenda you moron?

I throw out the racism card because most people that are so strongly against illegal immigration are so because they are Mexicans. I never hear your hero referring to a Canadian as a "dirtbag" or "unshowered" or insinuating that their gene pool is no good.

No, the reason he feels this way, and he knows it and I know it, is because we're talking about Mexicans, Hondurans, Nicaraguans, Guatemalens, Ecuadorians, Panamanians, El Salvadorians etc.

And librada, you ought not be so respectful and tolerant of idiots since you seem to know better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                          Your use of racist card is getting obnoxious. It is obvious the real issue is a matter of legality. The fact is that there arn't too many Canadians posting on this board to get flamed. This disputes your claim once and for all.

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/902603441/m/9...10015831#52310015831

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Originally posted by someone12:
                          great....another canuck scam artist...doesn't Canada have a social support system? Go back and leech off the Canadians, not we, the Americans.
                          And no, your baby cannot award you anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Originally posted by someone12:
                          maybe the canuck can get a job giving bj's on the street corner for 25c each. Have we seen your miserable face on the cover of any magazine? Your contributions to the American economy? Like what? buying lottery tickets? You probably didn't pay your hospital bill after your wife (she is the Nobel Peace Prize winner, correct?) had a kid...
                          sniffle sniffle...what a whining canuck....better stock up on Kleenex...and buy road map, that shows the way back to Canada,... (hint: due north) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posted by marmaduk: So timmy, if I left my door open or forget to lock it, it's my fault if a thief comes in and steal all of my stuff? Do you really think the thief can escape jail time by simply saying "but the door was open/wasn't locked!!!" ??
                            Even if my door wasn't locked, there wouldn't be any harm done until a thief decide to perform the criminal act. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's my fault, I must admit, I started this thread with the noblest of intentions to throw off some balance and foster some healthy dialog. I should admit that it's impossible for such a hot-button and very controversial topic.

No wonder politicians of either party chose to look the other way about the issue for such a long time now. Even the Democrats of today where the "immigrant community" attributed high hopes last November for a "cure and remedy" seem to sit on their hands.

The most the Senate did last January 4, until now, was a "Sense of Congress / S. 9" immigration bill place holder. When in God's grace this place holder will be filled with concrete provisions is any one's guess. Well, Tamar Jacoby, a staunch advocate says there's a "window of opportunity" this fall.

Understandably, immigration isn't as sure a vote-getter as minimum wage, universal health care, or house ethics bills. Remember, for the Democrats, the Congress and the Senate is just the consolation prize - the White House is the Jackpot.

Also I must admit that I disagree with the contention that all status quo immigration rules/laws/statutes are in perfect health, "that they are there for a reason," oh yeah? Believe me, they need a whole lot of fine-tuning from top to bottom. It's my lunchtime now, I'm overlooking one of the busiest streets in downtown Los Angeles. I've been in this area not very long, but long enough to learn that this area is a melting pot of people from all over the world, both LEGAL and ILLEGAL. Its robust garments and jewelry districts serve as paramount come-ons. I challenge every one, off-hand, can we deceive ourselves that these businesses, workers, and buyers do the "right thing" everyday? That somewhere, somehow in all their dealings, Uncle Sam is NOT being "short-changed?" Yet, and yet, life goes on everyday out here in its pristine glory – in its reckless abandon.

To me this problem is of a very grandeur scale that goes way beyond the symbolism of "doors and locks or unlocked doors and intruders." Terrorism is one of the primary scares, but that's only one. Add to that lot drug smugglers and human traffickers. Beyond the doors-and-locks discourse is the human aspect of it all which to me is the most important part of all, ON EITHER SIDE OF THE BORDER.

Gov Bill Richardson of New Mexico, a Democrat and from a family of immigrants, in his desperation for the apparent lack of attention about current immigration problem and in his push for reforms, put it succinctly something like this....... "please listen to me because you hear, read, and talk about it – I live with it everyday!"
                            Proud Fil-Am!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by marmaduk: Also in this thread you're saying that our government is more to blame for the lack of immigration control, but on a different thread you told me specifically to:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Get a life and let our government take care of it. It's their job and NOT yours after all." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, which one is it timmy?? You're blaming the govt for illegal immigration yet you told others who argue against illegal immigration to stay out and let the govt to do their job </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's exactly right.

And I fail to see any contradiction.

WHERE'S the contradiction?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources