N-400 - traffic violations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Houston:
    DUI is an offense defined under the MVC, not the model penal code or criminal code. Is it civil? No. Is it criminal? No. Is it an "offense"...? Well, yes.

Let's not confuse adjudication procedure for petty misdemeanors with civil proceedings.

-THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not sure where you got an idea that I was charged with a DUI or that careless driving has anything to do with alcohol. If you really need to know the details, I stopped at the red light, and when the light changed to green, I took my foot off the brake and I hit a car in front of me. It was during the morning rush hour, and I was not paying attention. To clarify, there was no damage to my car, but the car that I ***ped into was a new Porsche, and it had a scratch on the ***per. We called the police as I wanted the insurance co. to cover the repair.

Not to sound rude, but don't you think if was under the influence, the police would do something more than just give me a $115 ticket?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation