Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Citizenship Delay for Muslims. Isn't it Discrimination?!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• federale86
    replied
    Tak, tak.

Leave a comment:

• Tak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Brit4064
    replied
    Fresher, 7yrs is an extremely long time to wait. Something has gone wrong. For those that say because you are Muslim that's why it's taking so long is rubbish. Look at it the other way round. If someone is a likely threat to the USA, you'd think those would be he first to be processed not the last!

I had a 28 month wait for citizenship and I'm from UK. I got very close to filing a Writ of Mandamus in Federal court. Luckily the namecheck cleared before I had to go through all that. I'd suggest you give this lawyer a call:

McKinney&Justice.com

He's based in NC but can represent you from other States. He's done several cases with success. Have a read of this DoJ report from last year. Makes for interesting reading:

DoJ Audit report 2008

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    didn't a bunch of iranians overrun our embassy years ago, taking AMERICANS hostage???
    Go buy a box of Kleenex, along with a one way ticket back to Iran....

Leave a comment:

• OldE
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by unique:
    Fresher,

Are you are being discriminated against? Most likely yes, and reason is because you’re a male from an unfriendly country. Don’t feel so bad. I’m a white man from Canada, and I have been trying to adjust my status legally since June 1987. I’m still an illegal alien, and now up for deportation. I’m a lifetime taxpayer in the US, have a zero criminal record, I fully qualify for legalization, and can prove it.

Why am I up for deportation? (The reason stated0 My immigration officer stated that I confessed to a violation while under oath. Due to the fact that I attended the interview without an attorney, I therefore have no witness. Under the extended powers bestowed upon the USCIS under the patriot act, the officer does not need to have proof the violation. Therefore my denial was totally based upon hearsay.

The violation? The officer said that I had confessed to taking a trip to France “sometime in 1984, and stayed for about 2 months.” If this were true, it would have put me over the statutory 45 day maximum departure toll. Did I go to France in 1984? No, I didn’t even have a passport in 1984, and a passport is required for a Canadian to enter France.

(The real reason I was denied) The officer simply did not like me. I could say it was because I’m white and he’s Hispanic, but I cannot, because everybody on earth knows that the white man is always the perpetrator, and never the victim of discrimination. Right?

At least you have a GC, and a good case for discrimination. I have nothing but a kick in the teeth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you made admission under oath that's evidence right there, not a hearsay.

If you know you didn't you may ask for record of conversation to be played to judge in court. Immigration officers tape-record all the conducted interviews.

The Patriot Act has nothing to do with it. It only apllies to classified sources of information where you can't cross-examine the witness under the government's claim for secrecy (still you could request that info to be released to judge and counter it with available facts disproving it, as you would be given basic resume of allegations made against you).

The OP of thread has posted here 3 years ago and was told of options. It's useless to tell most people here what to do since they wouldn't be asking for advise on public forum if they had any clue in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• unique
    replied
    Fresher,

Are you are being discriminated against? Most likely yes, and reason is because you’re a male from an unfriendly country. Don’t feel so bad. I’m a white man from Canada, and I have been trying to adjust my status legally since June 1987. I’m still an illegal alien, and now up for deportation. I’m a lifetime taxpayer in the US, have a zero criminal record, I fully qualify for legalization, and can prove it.

Why am I up for deportation? (The reason stated0 My immigration officer stated that I confessed to a violation while under oath. Due to the fact that I attended the interview without an attorney, I therefore have no witness. Under the extended powers bestowed upon the USCIS under the patriot act, the officer does not need to have proof the violation. Therefore my denial was totally based upon hearsay.

The violation? The officer said that I had confessed to taking a trip to France “sometime in 1984, and stayed for about 2 months.” If this were true, it would have put me over the statutory 45 day maximum departure toll. Did I go to France in 1984? No, I didn’t even have a passport in 1984, and a passport is required for a Canadian to enter France.

(The real reason I was denied) The officer simply did not like me. I could say it was because I’m white and he’s Hispanic, but I cannot, because everybody on earth knows that the white man is always the perpetrator, and never the victim of discrimination. Right?

At least you have a GC, and a good case for discrimination. I have nothing but a kick in the teeth.

Leave a comment:

• federale86
    replied
    Check out the stories of Muslims killing Americans. That is why you are being delayed.

Leave a comment:

• ProudUSC
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fresher:
    Here we are November of 2009!
    I was invited for an interview last summer. The officers told me that they are gong to let me know there next step. They invited me again for the third interview on Nov. 2, but they canceled it by their following letter 3 days later! It has been 7 years since I applied.
    I wanna know if there are any application older than mine and why it takes so long? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your wait time seems extremely excessive. Have you scheduled an Infopass recently? Have they given you any indication why your application has been on hold for so long?

Leave a comment:

• Fresher
    replied
    Here we are November of 2009!
    I was invited for an interview last summer. The officers told me that they are gong to let me know there next step. They invited me again for the third interview on Nov. 2, but they canceled it by their following letter 3 days later! It has been 7 years since I applied.
    I wanna know if there are any application older than mine and why it takes so long?

Leave a comment:

• SunDevilUSA
    replied
    Fresher: I agree with Someone12 insofar as your claims of discrimination are tiresome and unfounded.

If discrimination is truly the cause of the delay in your naturalization, please explain why your wife has already been granted her U.S. Citizenship?

I will also reiterate the sentiment that if you're so unhappy with America, feel free to go home to your country of origin.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    fresher: if you are so unhappy with my country, by all means, get the eff out and go back to shoveling camel krap.

Leave a comment:

• Maria
    replied
    Muslims are terrorists - they should not be allowed to live in US. Expel all Muslims from US please inlculding Someone123.

Leave a comment:

• Fresher
    replied
    Dear Someone12,
    This is a discussion forum. We are here to learn something and exchange ideas. Please don' be judgmental.
    I think you probably have not read from the beginning. This is over 4 years since the date of initial application. My point is not accusing anybody; however my concern is treating people differently. Let me make an example. If you and your neighbor who is a different race go to your municipality of your hometown and ask for a similar building permit like building a deck on your backyard, they give him the permit right away but they make you waiting for a year or so without any clear reason, what would you think?
    And if some neighbors of you who are also the same race as you face the same situation, but others are fine then you might start thinking that there is something wrong. Someone or some group in that office don't like you. This is much beyond bureaucracy and paper work. Here there is something wrong, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    this is so tiresome to hear these unappreciative clowns whining about discrimination....because some papers weren't adjudicated in 10 minutes....one can only imagine how long this process would take in some sand box country......years, maybe?
    Everytime one of these j e r k s doesn't get what they want immediately they whine and cry like babies about discrimination....well, if you are so unhappy with our procedures, go back to whatever sand-filled oasis you came from.

Leave a comment:

• Marasmus
    replied
    Iran? They should deport Ahmedijad and his cohorts!!!!Doe Americans get citizenship to become Iranians?

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation