Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• green card approve problem

i recieve a letter from government regarding the apply for green card, the letter says that my case has been approved, the green card will be mailed within 6 month, but currently, 8 month has passed, i still didnt have any information about when i can recieve my green card, what should i do next?

i recieve a letter from government regarding the apply for green card, the letter says that my case has been approved, the green card will be mailed within 6 month, but currently, 8 month has passed, i still didnt have any information about when i can recieve my green card, what should i do next?

Comment

send an I-90.

Comment

The first thing is that a green card is only proof of lawful permanent residence. The approval letter is also proof of LPR status. Of course, having the green card prevents unnecessary hassles with idiotic DHS and local police personnel so I understand you wanting to get the green card ASAP. But an eight month wait is, unfortunately, not that uncommon. You could file an I-90 for a replacement green card, but this may take a long time and confuse the DHS. I would say, wait a few more months. If the green card doesn't arrive by then, file the I-90. Just my hunch, not a legal opinion on the matter.
        Note: This is not legal advice. For legal advice contact a competent immigration attorney. http://asylumlaw.blogspot.com

Comment

I would suggest you either call the mis-information 1-800 line or make an infopass appointment.

Comment

so what i can do is fill out I-90 or make a appointment?

Comment

well if you make an infopass appointment you might not get an anwer or u might. Do it and if it doesnt work send an I-90 right way

Comment

if they said it will be sent,then you should still get it,just call them up.No need really to make any kinds of appointments or sending any forms...

just ask them or remind them,they have not sent it yet.Anything else will cost you $$$,which u do not need to spent.

Next thing you know,they'll tell you,they have mailed it,and you never got it.
                Ask and find out

Comment

is worth it to pay the filing fee and thats it. U can call and no body knows, u call the 800 number and get an ex employee from wal'mart that just reads 2 u whats on their status system (what they have access 2 and u can see it online) get the run around blablbala. It was either, never issued by mistake, lost in the mail, lost in on of their centers.

Comment

As a first step, you should call the Customer Service Center. If you don't get the desired answer, make an infopass appointment. Filing an I-90 should be the last resort.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation