• Show
Clear All

• JohnDoe
    replied
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Yoly&Wayne
    replied
    Jssssssss...I said one million times that they don't mention it and if you read the last sentence of my response to you before maybe will clarify this.

Anyway, I was trying to be helpful I do not need to read the N400 guideline anymore, I'm approved and I will be in the Oath Ceremony in 2 weeks.

Good luck to you buddy.

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe
    replied
    Please check the N400 guideline once more. I just checked and they dont mention this stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Yoly&Wayne
    replied
    I will say:

* Tax return,
    * Insurance showing one as beneficiary of the other one.
    * Pretty much anything that is submitted with the I-751

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe
    replied
    In your view, what other additional evidence would it be worth to have to show still married and living together other than checkbook?

Leave a comment:

• Yoly&Wayne
    replied
    Ok...The interviewer asked for. I wouldn't do it by myself, I was just concerned about answering the questions correctly.

Then he asked me if I have any proof that we still married, I said my husband is outside if you want I can call him in and we can both show you our vehicle registration, he said "what that would proof?" I said that we lived in the same address, he said well that doesn't proof you are still being a marriage...I rolled my eyes, he laughed and said well don't worry you have enough evidences that you sent in with your application, but I was looking in my purse and I saw the checkbook and I said what if I give you a voided check, he said perfect dont void it, I will just make a copy.

He made the copy and that was it.

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe
    replied
    Did the interviewer ask for the check evidence or was it your discretion to provide any proof of currently being married?

Leave a comment:

• Yoly&Wayne
    replied
    Actually they did ask me for some proof of being a married couple, even though it wasn't showing as a requirements of documents I should bring to the interview.
    However, I always have my checkbook on my purse and I gave the interviewer a check, he did a copy and said perfect. The check has our names, current address and phone number.

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe
    replied
    Did you get asked for additional evidence and what did they ask you for?

Leave a comment:

• Tak
    replied
    Yes, at the time of interview, USCIS may ask additional evidence to establish that you two are living togather.

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe
    replied
    Hi all,
    For those who have filed the N400 in the past, does BCIS scrutinize additional proofs of living together in addition to the simple documents they ask for on the N400 form?

The evidence asked for in filling in an N400 is simple items like last 3 year returns.Will they ask for bills and stuff like that?

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe
    started a topic Post only to those who have filed the N400

Post only to those who have filed the N400

Hi all,
    For those who have filed the N400 in the past, does BCIS scrutinize additional proofs of living together in addition to the simple documents they ask for on the N400 form?

The evidence asked for in filling in an N400 is simple items like last 3 year returns.Will they ask for bills and stuff like that?
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney