X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kollerkrot
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David Jordan:
    Aroha, thank you for the response. Actually, i am back in the USA myself, and travel between here and Panama. She (my Fiancée') said the charges were "conspiracy to distribute" drugs. However, i did an online background check and nothing shows up on her.

I just mailed out her fingerprints to the FBI to get a complete background check so in a couple weeks i will know exactly what her charges were.

anyway, this all happened over 10 years ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to be honest with you...that is going to be very difficult to overcome. I wish you luck nonetheless!

Leave a comment:

• SonofMichael
    replied
    I hope the excitement kills him

Leave a comment:

• David Jordan
    replied
    Aroha, thank you for the response. Actually, i am back in the USA myself, and travel between here and Panama. She (my Fiancée') said the charges were "conspiracy to distribute" drugs. However, i did an online background check and nothing shows up on her.

I just mailed out her fingerprints to the FBI to get a complete background check so in a couple weeks i will know exactly what her charges were.

anyway, this all happened over 10 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Aroha
    replied
    You can get around the previous removal and her entry bar with waivers, David so all is not lost. You really need to find out what she was charged with though to see how that will impact things. Drug charges are considered very serious so if it was that, you will have major problems.

I'm not sure how successful you'll be in expediting a K visa. It's not usually done, but with your medical issues, you may have a shot. Since you're outside the country, you should be able to utilize Direct Consular Filing which speeds the process up anyway. Doing it this way, if you marry, forget the K3 visa and go straight for CR1. They're currently processing about the same time and there's less hoops to jump through once you get back to the US.

I wouldn't recommend bringing her to the US as Koller suggested. She has an entry bar and would be turned away at the border. It would wind up being an expensive and futile trip. Trying to sneak her in wouldn't help as she would not be eligible to adjust her status and would have to go through Consular Processing anyway.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Kollerkrot
    replied
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David Jordan:
    Michael, were you always an idiot or really how long did you practice to become one?

some people are just so stupid...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stupid is way to lenient a word to even try to describe SOM. I don't think the English language holds a word profound enough to describe the galactically moronic ways SOM is displaying.

Leave a comment:

• David Jordan
    replied
    Michael, were you always an idiot or really how long did you practice to become one?

some people are just so stupid......

Leave a comment:

• SonofMichael
    replied
    Hudson, Thank you for your reply's What do you agree with Koller about?

My situation is, in March I had a heart attack and had surgery when in Panama. Now, It looks like I am going to have to have by-pass surgery. I also, have bladder cancer and would like for her to be here in the States with me for all my treatment.

Thoughts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am thinking that I hope you have another heart attack and die before you can help that criminal get into my country.

Leave a comment:

• SonofMichael
    replied
    Ok, i lived for several years in Panama City, Panama. And meet my future wife there, have known her and dated her for several years. Now I am coming back to the USA and want to bring her.

The problem is this, she was at one time (over 10 years ago) arrested and deported from the United States. She was with someone that was arrested for Drugs and she spent almost a year in Jail here in USA before she was deported.

How do I go about getting her back into the USA? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats just what we need; more fraudsters and criminals in this country; GET OUT !!!

Leave a comment:

• Kollerkrot
    replied
    federal, please give specifics to why you think the application will be denied, because she was deported?

will hiring an attorney increase my chances? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am gonna be in trouble for that one. Federale and Someone12 gonna call me Kraut and all kinds of stuff for that. But, I have an idea! Since Federale mentioned that she can be easily denied by a consular officer, that rang a big bell with me. Do not let her come EWI!! USCIS has more leverage as long as she is outside the country - you would be better off to marry her here and file for her here. Talk to a lawyer first, because it is somewhat difficult to do that, but at least you will have the option to be seen by a judge when they deny the application. And, they will deny the application I am pretty sure of that.

As long as she is outside the country, there will be no court, and lawyers can not argue with the state abroad.

This is not legal advise!

Leave a comment:

• David Jordan
    replied
    federal, please give specifics to why you think the application will be denied, because she was deported?

will hiring an attorney increase my chances?

Leave a comment:

• federale86
    replied
    You can certainly apply, but the application can and probably will be denied. People previously removed are not usually given visas by the DOS. They are easy denials for a Consular Officer.

Leave a comment:

• David Jordan
    replied
    Thank You Hudson, do you work in this profession (immigration)? how long will the expedited filing take to get the FOIA files back?

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied

My situation is, in March I had a heart attack and had surgery when in Panama. Now, It looks like I am going to have to have by-pass surgery. I also, have bladder cancer and would like for her to be here in the States with me for all my treatment.

Thoughts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I agree with Koller that a FOIA should be done, just did not agree with hending it in personally. Sorry ofr the confusion.

And your situation is something that could qualify for expedited processing. My family will keep you and your fiance in our prayers for the medical treatment.

Leave a comment:

• David Jordan
    replied

Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Hudson
    replied
    no we are not married, however i have no problem with getting married. whichever way will get her here the quickest.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Thanks for the info David. Since I did not know, I was only giving general info from either situation.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation